QuickBooks is a robust accounting software made by Intuit to make the accounting task easier for small and mid-sized companies. It has so many advanced tools which can manage a complex business process in a very efficient way.
Sometimes QuickBooks creates issues when you use it in the wrong way. One such issue occurs where the QuickBooks program won’t start or respond. When you hit the QB icon in desktop, it will not perform or respond partially. Here we are going to discuss the issue and method to resolve it. For more information on QuickBooks, you can contact QuickBooks Error Support where our experts will assist you to resolve your issues.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue
Below are the symptoms that you can see when QuickBooks stops opening:
- QuickBooks Desktop freezes
- Sometimes the operating system hangs
- Sometimes the QuickBooks responds slowly to input devices.
Causes Of QuickBooks Won’t Open
There are various reasons when QuickBooks stops responding. Some of them are listed below:
- Incorrect Installation of QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Very large Company Name in QuickBooks.
- Corrupted or damaged the hard disk of the computer.
- Using outdated Operating system.
- Missing or damaged QBWUSER.INI file.
How To Fix QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start Or Won’t Open Issue?
Solution 1: Close QBW32.exe Process
- Right Click on the Windows taskbar and then click on Start Task Manager
- After that, Select the Processes tab in the task manager window
- Next, click the Image Name header to sort the processes alphabetically.
- Search QBW32.EXE from the list and then click End Process.
Solution 2: Suppress The QuickBooks Desktop Application
If the company file is corrupt, you have to verify the status of the QuickBooks program whether it is working or not.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key and then double-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon on the desktop.
- Keep the Ctrl key pressed until you see the “No Company Open” window or unless QuickBooks freezes or it gives you an error.
- Next Select a company file then choose Open.
Solution 3: Restart Your Computer
You can restart your computer to delete the processes that are running on the system or to clear temporary file that might cause an interruption to QuickBooks. After starting the computer, open QuickBooks again.
Solution 4: Run The QBInstall Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- When asked, save the file on Desktop.
- Close all the running programs on the computer
- Now run QBInstall Tool.
- When the installation is finished, Restart the computer. Open QuickBooks again.
Solution 5: Repair Your QuickBooks Desktop Installation
By running Repair on QuickBooks Desktop Installation you can restore all the corrupted files.
Solution 6: Perform A Clean Installation Of QuickBooks Desktop
Finally, if any of the above methods don’t work then you can perform a clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop. Once installed, rename the installation folders.
QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number
If you are looking for further support or want to talk to QuickBooks expert, then you can call on QuickBooks Support Number +1888-529-1015. Our experienced technical advisors will resolve your queries in quick time.