QuickBooks is the most preferred accounting software used by small and medium-size business organizations. Business owners can manage sales, inventories, customers, payroll, taxes and a lot other important things with the help of QuickBooks. Sometimes you want to change your operating systems from Windows to Mac due to some reasons. Here we are going to discuss How To Transfer QuickBooks From PC To MAC. If you need any assistance while transferring from Windows to Mac, then you can contact QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-382-7559.
Before you start transferring, make sure that you have selected the file which is to be converted from QuickBooks For Windows to QuickBooks For Mac.
On Your Windows Computer
- Open the company file in Windows computer that you want to transfer.
- Select File > Utilities > Copy Company File for QuickBooks Mac. Follow the instructions on the screen. QuickBooks will now create a qbb (backup) file.
- Copy the .qbb file to a CD or USB drive or some other media. You can also transfer the file over a network or file sharing service like QuickBooks.
On Your Mac Computer
- Copy the .qbb file to the Documents folder in Mac.
- In QuickBooks for Mac, choose File > Open Company>select the .qbb file> click Open.
- Click on OK to restore a QuickBooks for Windows file.
- Give a name to the restored file and then click Save.
- It will take some time to convert the file. Once the conversion process is finished, QuickBooks will open the company file in Mac.
What are the Data That is Converted From Windows To Mac?
Below are the lists of data that can be converted from QuickBooks for Windows to QuickBooks for Mac:
- Account list (chart of accounts)
- Customer list
- Vendor list (notes cannot be converted)
- Item list
- Payment terms list
- Shipping via list
- Customer type list
- Vendor type list
- Employee list (notes cannot be converted)
- To do list (alerts cannot be converted)
- Other names list .
- Job types list
- Payment method list
- Customer message list
- Reminders (cannot be converted)
- Links between pay items and other items
- Custom field definitions
- Transactions and their links:
- Memorized transactions
- Multiple estimates per job
- All list reports
- History of QuickBooks versions used.
- Transaction statistics
- 1099 categories
- Audit trail
- Company name and address
- Which features are enabled
- Record of Time and activity.
- Address book data
- Income and expense tracking by class (available in QuickBooks for Mac )
- Job costing data (available in Job Profitability reports in QuickBooks for Mac)
- Vehicle list
What are the Data That is Not Converted From Windows To Mac?
- Any multiple currency data in QuickBooks for Windows.
- Any Intuit integrated payroll and payroll list items because QuickBooks for Mac uses Intuit Online Payroll.
- Online banking transactions that have not been accepted into a register.
- Online banking aliases
- Customized settings for forms like invoices, estimates, statements, and purchase orders because forms can be customized in QuickBooks for Mac.
- Any Multiuser data such as usernames.
- User password as Admin password is used in QuickBooks for Mac.
- Memorized reports.
- Expert analysis, Business planning, and business optimization tools.
- Customized price levels.
- Integration with third-party applications, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, etc.
- Merchant account services as you have to set this up again in QuickBooks for Mac.
- Sales order and back order tracking.
- Assembly items will be converted into non-inventory part items in QuickBooks for Mac.
- Budgets created without an associated account.
- Workers comp list
- Fixed asset item list
- User-added columns to lists
What Are The Reports That Are Not Supported By Mac?
Below is the list of reports which are not supported by Mac. But still, you can create some of the reports by using customization, filtering and memorization feature of Mac.
- Pending Builds
- Sales Tax Revenue Summary
- Open Purchase Orders by Job
- Profit & Loss Unclassified
- Profit & Loss Budget Performance
- Fixed Asset Listing
- Preparation of Income Tax
- Voided/Deleted Transactions History (feature available in Premier versions of QuickBooks for Windows)
- Voided/Deleted Transactions (feature available in Premier versions of QuickBooks for Windows)
- Closing Date Exception (feature available only in Premier versions of QuickBooks for Windows)
- Open Sales Orders by Item (feature available in Premier versions of QuickBooks for Windows)
- Open Sales Orders by Customers (feature available in Premier versions of QuickBooks for Windows)
- Adjusting Journal Entries (feature available in Premier versions of QuickBooks for Windows)
- Adjusted Trial Balance (feature available in Premier versions of QuickBooks for Windows)
- Forecast vs. Actual (feature available in Premier versions of QuickBooks for Windows)
- Forecast Overview (feature available in Premier versions of QuickBooks for Windows)
What Are The Report Filters Which are Not Supported By Mac?
The following report filters are not supported by QuickBooks for Mac:
- Name Email
- Paid Thru
- Printed Status
- Sales Tax Code
- Workers Comp Code
- Online Status
- Is Adjustment
Where Do I Get Support For Transferring QuickBooks From Windows to Mac?
With the help of the above steps, you can transfer files from windows to Mac. If you need any assistance in performing the above steps then you can call on QuickBooks Support Phone Number+1888-382-7559 any time round the clock. Our technical advisors are very experienced and reliable who will resolve your issues in quick time. You can also contact on QuickBooks Chat Support.