There are various error codes and issues in the QuickBooks software and to make things understandable, Intuit has assigned various error series and categories for the errors in QuickBooks. Some of the most common error categories in QuickBooks are as given below:
- QuickBooks 6000 error series (Company File errors)
- QuickBooks 15000 error series (Update errors)
- QuickBooks PSXXX error series (Payroll errors)
- QuickBooks C=XXX error series (Data Damage errors)
- QuickBooks 12000 error series (Update Errors)
- QuickBooks 1600 error series (Installation errors)
- QuickBooks license errors
- QuickBooks sync errors
- QuickBooks Unrecoverable Errors
In this article, we will be providing you the solutions to resolve QuickBooks 12000 error series that includes errors 12002, 12007, 12009, and 12031. These error codes occur while downloading the payroll or QuickBooks Desktop updates. You can also contact our technical support department if you are not sure about resolving errors manually. You just need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1888-529-1015.
Error from 12000 series occurs while trying to update QuickBooks when the QuickBooks desktop couldn’t get connected to the internet and causes hindrance in the update process. This situation can occur if you use an inappropriate browser and security settings. The error can also occur if the antivirus software or firewall program is restricting the update to get processed.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Update Errors?
Most of the errors from 12000 series are just a common update error that restrict you from updating QuickBooks Desktop or payroll tax table. However, these errors can easily be resolved by following some basic guidelines provided by Intuit. You need to follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve QB Error 12000:
Test Connectivity And Settings
QuickBooks is most compatible with the Internet Explorer. It is required for QuickBooks to access internet and it should be set as the default browser. You also need to check if you can access secure websites or not.
- Download and run the TLS 1.2 Utility.
- Set Internet Explorer as your default browser and if you are using any other browser, set that browser as default but in that case, you need to make sure that QuickBooks is compatible with that browser.
- Make sure that you can access secure websites outside QuickBooks, such as the login page of your bank’s site.
Note: If the secure sites can’t be accessed outside QuickBooks, you need to consult your IT expert.
Review the Internet Explorer settings
Improper IE settings can also lead to the update issues in QuickBooks Desktop. You can review your Internet Explorer settings through the following steps:
- Close QuickBooks and then run QuickBooks.
- Now, go to Tools and then select Internet Options. Note: If the Tools menu is not available, you can press the ALT key to make it visible.
- Go to the Security tab and click on the Globe icon and make sure that the security level is at Medium-high.
- Now, go to the Connections tab and click on Never Dial a Connection if you are not using dial-up node (DUN) on the system. If you use the dial-up node, you can click on correctISP.
- Click on OK.
- Go to LAN Settings and ensure that the automatically detect settings is selected. Also, make sure that the Use a Proxy Server checkbox is unmarked. If Use a Proxy Server checkbox is marked, you need to provide complete address and port. If the port is other than port 80, do not remove the checkmark from Use a Proxy Server If the port is port 80, you can clear the checkbox for testing purposes.
- Click on OK.
- Go to the Advanced tab and click on Restore Advanced Settings.
- Now, from Settings, locate Use TLS 1.2, and make sure that it is marked. (These options may not be in your Internet Explorer version.)
- Click on OK.
- Close Internet Explorer and restart your system to save changes.
You should now be able to update your QuickBooks Desktop again.
Check security settings
If you facing issue even after performing the above solutions, you need to identify another application which might be restricting the update process. Steps provided in this section are quite complex and if you are not sure about performing them, you can consult your IT expert.
You need to configure internet security, personal firewall, and parental control applications of QuickBooks updates, payroll tax table updates, sending payroll data, and Windows firewall.
If configuring firewall settings couldn’t resolve the issue, it is quite possible that there are some issues with your Operating System. Try to run Windows in safe mode with networking and try to update QuickBooks again.
You can try updating all the available Windows Updates and if the issue is still around, contact the Microsoft Support department.
More solutions to try
If none of the other solutions resolve the issue, try the following steps:
- Restart your system, you need to reset your QuickBooks updates and try to download and install QuickBooks again. Also, make sure that the company file is single-user mode because the multi-user mode doesn’t allow updating QuickBooks.
- Repair Internet Explorer.
- Uninstall QuickBooks and reinstall it in Selective Startup mode
- Perform a clean reinstallation of QuickBooks using a fresh installation source.
You can also refer to the usatechsupportnumber.com to get additional solutions for QuickBooks Desktop Update issues.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop Errors
Following the steps provided solutions will surely allow you to resolve QuickBooks Error 12007,12002, 12009, 12029, 12031. You can perform these solutions for other update errors in QuickBooks as well because most of the update errors in QuickBooks occurs due to similar reasons. If you are not able to resolve the error by following the steps given in this article, you can connect with our technical support department by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-529-1015. You can get instant technical support for all the possible errors and issues in QuickBooks.