QuickBooks is considered as the best accounting tool for the small and medium-size business organization. It solves your accounting and financial functionalities of your business. It takes care of sales, customers, payroll, inventory, taxes, etc. While working on QuickBooks software you may face some errors.
These errors can occur anytime like you are making an important transaction or punching an important data. QuickBooks Error 15240 is one such error. This kind of error needs to be resolved as early as possible. For more information, you can get in touch with QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559. Here, we will discuss the causes of QuickBooks Error 15240 and its resolutions.
You may receive one of below error messages on your system:
- Error 15240: The payroll update did not complete successfully.
- File Exists: The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not being used by another program.
- Internet connection error: unknown error
Cause Of QuickBooks Error 15240
There could be various reasons which can cause QuickBooks Error 15240. Some of the reasons are mentioned below:
- Misconfiguration of Internet Explorer Settings
- Firewall setting
- Date and Time Setting of system
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15240
There are various methods to fix QuickBooks Error 15240. Below we have listed a few methods to resolve it.
Method 1: Run QuickBooks As Administrator
- On Your desktop, right-click the QuickBooks icon and then select it Run as Administrator.
Method 2: Verify Date And Time
- Select the time display on the right side of your system.
- Click on Change date and time settings.
- Set the correct date and time in the setting.
- Select Apply and then Click OK.
Method 3: Internet Explorer Setting
- Open Internet Explorer on your system.
- Select the Gear icon on the top right side of the window and then from the drop-down select Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under Security option, mark Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0.
- Select Apply and then OK.
Method 4: Add Window Permission To QuickBooks
- Close the QuickBooks software.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\. For 64-bit users, C:\Program Files (x86).
- Right-click the Intuit folder, then select Properties.
- Find the Security tab, then select Advanced.
- Ensure that the User group is the owner of the folder. If not, then it is required to take ownership of the Intuit folder. In order to take ownership of Intuit Folder:
- On the Advanced Security Settings window, select Change which is beside the Owner name.
- Type Users in the Enter name, then select Check Names.
- Select OK.
- Replace owner on sub-containers and objects.
- Select Apply and then OK.
- Choose Users on the Permissions window, then click Full control.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Try to download the updates. If the error is not resolved, repeat top 5 steps for the following folders:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
- (64-bit users) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Intuit
Method 5: Check Third Party Firewall
- Ask your third-party firewall developer to adjust the settings of the firewall and allow QuickBooks to download and install updates.
- Make sure that the following files are given access to go through your firewall:
- qbw32.exe (QuickBooks executable file)
- qbupdate.exe (QuickBooks update executable file)
- Also, verify that ports 80 and 443 are not disabled.
Get 24×7 QuickBooks Support Services
Hopefully, the above methods should have resolved your QuickBooks Error 15240. In case if you face any issues while troubleshooting or you want to know more, You can contact us at toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 anytime. Our QuickBooks advisors are working round the clock to resolve your QuickBooks queries. They are very experienced and reliable. You can also connect to us through QuickBooks Chat Support.