You may encounter errors while using QuickBooks which can be fixed by restoring the backup. But what happens when the restoring of backup files fails. Here we are going to discuss the causes these of issues when the QuickBooks restore fails and methods to resolve it. For any kind of QuickBooks related issues, you can connect to QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-529-1015.
What Are The Symptoms of QuickBooks Restore Failure?
When the restoring of QuickBooks fails then it will show the below error message on screen:
Restore Failed. This is an Invalid Format of a Post QuickBooks 2007 Backup File
Error: Restore failed. Can’t remove log file
The *.qbw file name may also appear when you try to save the restored file.
What Are The Causes of QuickBooks Restore Failure?
The causes Of QuickBooks restore failure are mentioned below:
- When The company file name includes special characters, then the QuickBooks restore fails.
- When you try to restore the backup over an existing company file then the restoration does not happen.
- If you are trying to restore the backup from a USB flash drive to a network drive (Error -6189, -816 is displayed).
- When you try to restore the backup created by a newer version of QuickBooks into an older version.
- The backup file that you restore is not an actual backup file.
- The company file is damaged.
- QuickBooks company file that you are trying to restore is a read-only file.
How To Fix QuickBooks Restore Failure?
Restoring QuickBooks data is a very important task. You can resolve the QuickBooks Restore failure issue by below methods:
Method 1: Rename QuickBooks File
- Locate the company file in Windows File Manager by following the path C:\ Users\ Public\ Documents\ Intuit\ QuickBooks\ folder with .qbb extension.
- Right click on the file and Choose Rename.
- Remove any kind of special characters from the file name.
- Save the File.
Method 2: Avoid Overwriting An Existing File While Restoring Backup
- When you are asked to save the file, browse to your standard location and then click on Save.
- While saving the file if a confirmation message appears: The file name exists. Would you like to overwrite this file?
- Select No.
- Rename the file and save it on the same location.
Method 3: Copy Your Backup From Your Flash Drive Or Network Drive Before Restoring It
To ensure the safety of the file, It is advised to copy your backup from flash drive or network drive to your desktop before restoring it.
Method 4: Copy A Backup File To A New Folder Before Restoring It.
When you copy the backup to a new folder then ensure that you don’t put it in a damaged folder. You need to copy and paste the file in a folder at a different location.
Method 5: Verify The Version Of QuickBooks
Make sure that You are restoring the QuickBooks backup in the latest version of QuickBooks.
Method 6: Repair Your Company File
When any of the methods do not work then you can download and run QuickBooks File Doctor to repair any kind of issues in QuickBooks.
How To Get Support For QuickBooks Restore Failed Error?
The above methods can easily resolve QuickBooks Restore Failed Error. For any kind of issue then you can get in touch with QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-529-1015. You can also directly contact QuickBooks Live Chat Support. Our dedicated technical advisors are available round the clock 24×7 to resolve any kind of QuickBooks issues.