QuickBooks Error 1321 is an installation error that occurs if the installer fails to write a file due to insufficient or inappropriate permissions. You can also face this error due to some internal system errors or Operating System issues. The error can be resolved by updating the rights to access or modify the file or source mentioned in the error message. You get the following error code when this error occurs:
Error 1321: System has insufficient privileges to modify this file
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 1321
- The ongoing update process of QuickBooks is running
- Misconfigured firewall settings are not allowing you to install or update QuickBooks.
- Antivirus software installed on your system is creating hindrance in the process.
- Windows Operating System is not compatible with the newer version of QuickBooks.
- Folder that stores your company file couldn’t be reached by QuickBooks because folder settings are set to Restricted Access.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1321?
- When the error code 1321 pops up on your screen, select Retry to run update again.
- If the error is still around, click on Cancel and then navigate to Options.
- Disable or uninstall the antivirus for a while.
- Reinstall QuickBooks using a clean install.
Update The User Insufficient Privileges To Files
- The error dialog box will show an error generated while installing updates. In the following example, AcrobatConnect.cfg generated the error message.
- Error 1321.The Installer does not have proper rights to modify the file C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg. Action ended 11:21:48: InstallValidate.
- Set the rights for the folder mentioned in the error message, example: \Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg
For Windows XP Professional Users:
- Press Windows + E keys to open the Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder which is shown in the error message
For example: The parent folder in the path c:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg is FlashPlayerTrust
- Right-click on the folder and select Properties from the drop-down options.
- Navigate to the Security tab
- Choose Administrators from the Group Or User Names.
For Windows XP Home Users:
- Shut down your system and wait for around 10 seconds and turn on your system again.
- Once the Windows logo occurs, press the F8
- Now, select Safe Mode With Network and then hit enter.
- Perform onscreen instructions in Update user privileges in Windows XP Professional. Restart your system and then reinstall QuickBooks using clean install.
- Click on System from the Group or User Names and then set Full Control to Allow in Permissions For System.
- Go to the Security tab and select Advanced
- Select Replace Permission Entries On All Child Objects With Entries Here That Apply To Child Objects
- Click on OK and close the window.
- Now, enable the file sharing again and then reinstall Adobe software.
Error 1321 Enterprise Solution:
- Remove the shown folders C:\Program Files\Symantec C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec
- Reboot your system and then try to install Symantec Endpoint Protection.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Installation Issues
Following the steps provided in this article will surely be helpful for you in resolving the error code 1321. You will be able to install updates for your QuickBooks now. However, if you are still facing the same error again and again, you can connect with the technical support department of usatechsupportnumber.com. For this, you just need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 to get instant support.