QuickBooks Multi-user is a feature in QuickBooks by which multiple users can work together on the same file which increases productivity and accuracy. There is no geographical restriction on it. There are some scenarios where Multi-user mode stops working. To fix the QuickBooks related issues, you can get in touch with QuickBooks Error Support Number +1888-382-7559.
Causes Of Error QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working
The QuickBooks Multi-user mode could not work due to various reasons. Few of reasons for QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Errors are listed below:
- Anti-virus has blocked the path to the company file
- Improper configuration of hosting settings.
- QuickBooks does not get I.P. address for the system.
- Windows firewall is blocking the connectivity.
Before You Start To Fix The Error, Remember:
Make sure that before you start to fix the issue, you need to ensure some pre-requisites.
- Install QuickBooks Database Server
- Install QuickBooks Server Manager of the same version of QuickBooks.
How To Fix ‘Multi-User Mode Not Working’ Error?
Follow the below steps to resolve the “Multi-User Mode Not Working” error.
Step 1: Set Hosting To Local Files
- Open QuickBooks. Press F2 to know about product info on the screen.
- You will find ‘Local Server Information’ over this screen.
- Ensure that the hosting is for Local Files.
Step 2: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Click on Windows Start button and Choose the Menu
- Fill in ‘msc’ in the open field.
- Right-click, and select start and shut the window
- Display extensions for the ‘known file types.’
- Right click on the Start button > Explore the option> Tool Menu & Folder
- Clear the hide extensions by clicking on the view tab.
- Click on the View tab > choose to show hidden files.
- Close the window explorer
Step 3: Delete .ND File
- Restart the computer > Search .ND file
- Select .ND file > Right Click on the file > Delete
- Now recreate .ND file
- Click on Start > All Programs > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Now press Scan.
- Next, click on the add folder button and browse Company Folder.
- Select Company File and click on OK
- Click on Scan. When the scan is finished, close the tab.
Step 4: Verify Client System Is Not Hosting Company File
Make sure that hosting should display off and client systems are not trying to host company file. Switch the hosting mode, if the hosting is not off:
- Login to QuickBooks as Administrator
- Select File Menu >Utilities > Stop Hosting multi-user
- The company file will be closed when you will click Yes.
- Reopen the Company File.
- Press F2 to verify about product info on the screen.
QuickBooks Support Team 24×7 Available
Hopefully, the above solution should have resolved your QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working Errors. In case, the issues are not solved, you can call QuickBooks Customer Support Number +1888-382-7559. Our technical experts will assist you and resolve your QuickBooks Errors in quick time. Our highly experienced technical experts are available round the clock to resolve your QuickBooks Errors.