QuickBooks Error 6175 is a common company file error which is a part of 6000 error series in QuickBooks. This error occurs while opening your company file or create a backup of it. One of its main reason is that you try to open your company file but the database server doesn’t respond. Usually this error is faced in multi-user mode when QuickBooks fail to establish connection with the server and shows error code 6175 on your screen.
If you are also facing QuickBooks Error 6175 while opening your company file, this article can be very helpful for you in resolving it as we will be assisting you to resolve QuickBooks Error 6175. In case, you require any kind of help, you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-529-1015.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 6175?
- QuickBooks is unable to connect with the database server manager.
- The server that is hosting QuickBooks files is indulged in some other tasks.
- Firewall is restricting QuickBooks to get connected with the server.
- QuickBooks company file is damaged.
- Installation of QuickBooks is damaged.
- Some windows related files are damaged.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6175?
Before you move onto the solution steps, make sure that only the server is hosting QuickBooks files and hosting multi-user access is disabled in other workstations. You also need to make sure that multi-user mode is enabled in the server. If not, switch to Multi-User mode. Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6175, 0 are as given below:
Solution 1: Setup The QuickBooks Database Server Manager Properly On Your Server Computer
- Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the server system.
- Now, run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager as an administrator.
- Click on Start Scan.
- Select your company files and then click on Add Files.
- Once the scan finishes, try to open QuickBooks in other workstation to check if the error is resolved or not.
Note: If QuickBooks database server manager is already installed in the server and it is hosting your QuickBooks company file already, move on to the next step.
Solution 2: Set The Hosting On Server Computer
- Open QuickBooks in the server computer
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to File > Utilities > Host multi-user access.
Note: If you see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access instead of Host multi-user access, It means that server is already hosting and you can directly go to the next solution.
- Select Yes for the Host multi-user access/Start hosting multi-user access window
- Click on Yes to the Company file must be closed dialog box.
- Click on OK on the Multi-user setup information dialog box.
- Now from the File menu, switch to Multi-user mode
Solution 3: Change QuickBooksDBXX Service To Local System Account
- From the Start menu, type msc in the search field and hit enter.
- Right-click on the QuickBooksDBXX server and choose Properties from the drop-down options.
- Navigate to the Log On
- Mark the Local System account
- Click on Apply to save changed and then click on OK to close window.
- Now, switch to Multi-user mode by following solution 2.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks On Your Server Computer
If above three solutions didn’t help you in resolving the issue, it might be possible that your QuickBooks software is having some issues. To check this, you can open a Sample Company file. If the sample file opens without any issue, it means your company is damaged but if opening sample company file throws the same error, it means your software is having some issues. To resolve it, you need to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using clean installation.
These are some basic solution steps that can help you in resolving the error.
- Use Verify and Rebuild utility to resolve data damages.
- Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Disable firewall and antivirus software and then try to open QuickBooks company file.
- Restore your company file from a backup.
Technical Support For QuickBooks
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 6175 and you should now be able to open and work on your company file. In case, you couldn’t resolve the error by following steps given this article, it might be possible that your company file is having some serious damages. In such cases, you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-529-1015 to get instant support.