QuickBooks is widely used accounting software known for its advanced features which fulfill the modern business requirements. Business owners can perform their bookkeeping activities very efficiently and accurately with the help of this software. You can face technical errors while using this software on your system. QuickBooks Error 12031 is one such issue. QuickBooks Error 12031 is an update issue which we are going to discuss the issue in details and methods to resolve the issue. For any type of queries, you can contact QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number 1888-382-7559 to talk to our technicians.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 12031?
QuickBooks Error 12031 occurs generally when you update QuickBooks on your system. QuickBooks Error Code 12031 is caused due to various reasons given below:
- Wrong SSL settings
- QuickBooks files got damaged
- Internet Explorer is not the default browser
- Incorrect internet connections or other connectivity errors
- Server not able to connect to QuickBooks due to a network timeout
- QuickBooks connectivity blocked due to Antivirus program or firewall settings.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12031?
There are various methods to resolve QuickBooks Error 12031. Some of the solutions are listed below:
Solution 1: Make Internet Explorer Default Browser
Follow the below steps to make internet explorer your default browser:
- Open Internet Explorer on your computer.
- Click the Gear icon (or click Tools) in the upper right corner of the window.
- Select Internet Options.
- Choose the Programs
- Under Default Web Browser click the Make Default
- Click OK.
Solution 2: Check The Internet Explorer Settings
Downloading Update can sometimes create issues in Internet Explorer browser. You have to check the internet explorer settings to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps in order to review the internet explorer settings:
- Close QuickBooks and open Internet Explorer on your computer.
- Click Gear icon or Tools at the upper right corner and then select Internet Options.
- Choose the Globe icon on the security tab and put the security level to Medium-high.
- On the Connection tab choose Never Dial a Connection if you do not use dial-up node (DUN) on the system otherwise choose the correct
- Click OK.
- Now open LAN settings.
- From the Advanced tab click on Restore Advanced Settings
- Form Settings section ensure that you Use TLS 1.2.
- Click OK.
- Close Internet Explorer window and restart your system to save the setting.
Now open QuickBooks again and try to update.
Solution 3: Download QuickBooks Update Manually
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and click Run as administrator.
- A No Company Open window will appear on the screen.
- Click the Help menu and then choose Update QuickBooks
- Go to the Options tab and click Mark All and then choose Save.
- Go to the Update Now tab and then mark the Reset Update
- Press the Get Updates
- When Update Complete box appears on the screen then close QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks again on your system and Click Yes when you receive install updates.
When the installation is over the restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
How To Get Technical Support For QuickBooks Error 12031?
Hopefully, with the help of above solutions, you can resolve QuickBooks Error 12031. If you need any technical assistance while following the above procedure then you can contact QuickBooks Tech Support Number 1888-382-7559 to talk to our experts who will help you with the best remote assistance. Our experts are highly experienced and skilled to resolve any type of QuickBooks issues instantly.