The latest version of QuickBooks Desktop is the QuickBooks 2020 version which was released in the end of 2019. It comes with various important features to make accounting easy and affective. But because this is the latest version, there some requirements that needs to be fulfilled by your system to run QuickBooks 2020 smoothly. In this article, we will be providing you the complete information about the system requirements for QuickBooks 2020 and Enterprise Solutions 20.0 in detail.
QuickBooks 2020 offers you the best experience among all the versions. In this article, you will have complete information regarding the Operating System, hardware, software, and other important requirements for QuickBooks.
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1), all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 7 SP1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed (only supported until January 2020)
- Windows Server 2019, and Essentials
- Windows Server 2016, and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2, and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012, and Essentials
- Windows Small Business Server 2011, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (only supported until January 2020)
Note: Intuit suggests you using Windows Operating System to use QuickBooks. You should not use an emulator or any virtual platform.
|Windows (natively installed)||Windows Server 2019, and Essentials
Windows Server 2016, and Essentials
Windows Server 2012 R2, and Essentials
Windows Server 2012, and Essentials
Windows Server 2011
Windows Small Business Server 2011, Standard and Essentials
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (only Supported until January 2020)
Windows 8.1 (update 1)
Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise and Professional editions only) (only supported until January 2020)
|Linux (when using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only installation)||OpenSuse 42.3
Red Hat Enterprise 7 (RHEL 7.4)
Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit)
Hardware and Operating system requirements (client and server)
|Processor||2.4 GHz minimum|
|RAM||4GB minimum, 8GB Recommended
Server RAM Requirements
1-5 Users: 8 GB RAM
10 Users: 12 GB RAM
15 Users: 16 GB RAM
20+ Users: 20+ GB RAM
|Disk space||Minimum 2.5GB free disk space.
Extra software: 60MB for Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD
Other requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings (applies to the US only).
Require minimum 4.0GB RAM.
Double the size of the largest file set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”Intuit\Intuit Data Protect”.
|Windows||Microsoft Windows US version.
Default language should be English as QuickBooks is compatible with English only.
You should be having Administrator rights for server computer while hosting multi-user access.
Natively installed – It refers that QuickBooks is installed on a system or network for which it was specially designed. It also refers that you don’t have to run QuickBooks on a virtual environment or emulation software.
|Optical Drive||4X DVD-ROM drive required for CD installations (unless QuickBooks is downloaded from Intuit server).|
|Screen Resolution||At least 1280X1024 screen resolution is required or up to 2 extended screens.
Best optimized for Default DPI setting for a given computer.
Note: You need to have a strong and stable internet connection.
QuickBooks Desktop is an easy to integrate software. It is compatible with so many third-party applications. Following list of apps can be used with QuickBooks Desktop:
Note: You can insert Additional RAM for an enhanced experience.
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2016 (including Outlook 2016) both on 32 and 64-bit.
- Office 2010 SP2, Office 2013 and 365 (For Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 both) both on 32 and 64 bits. Note:Office 365 is only compatible for the local installation and not with the web version.
- Email Estimates, Invoices and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2010-2016, Microsoft Outlook with Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook.com, other SMTP-supporting e-mail clients.
- For creating or preparing letters, you require Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, or 2010 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit).
- To export reports, you require Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010 SP2 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit).
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2010 (32-bit).
- To sync QuickBooks with Outlook, you require QuickBooks contact sync for outlook (the download is available at no charge). Note:You may contact sync won’t work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. Syncing could cause duplicate records.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V18.0 and V12.0
- TurboTax 2019, 2018 (Personal and Business)
- Lacerte 2019, 2018
- Pro-Series tax years 2018-2020 (For US only)
- Quicken 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016
- QuickBooks for Mac 2020, 2019, 2016
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (1 Mbps recommended). DSL or cable modem is recommended.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client*). Note: *Supports plain text version in Mozilla.
- Internet Explorer 11
Firewall and antivirus software compatibility
QuickBooks Pro 2020, Premier 2020, and Enterprise 20.0 are tested with the following firewall and antivirus programs.
Note: You may need to adjust several settings in the following programs to have the best performance for QuickBooks.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
Note: QuickBooks is compatible with system running RAID but Intuit doesn’t advice you to use it because it will make QuickBooks to run slowly.
QuickBooks for Mac 2020
Minimum system requirements
- Minimum macOS 10.14 (Mohave); supported by macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
- Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher.
- Multiuser Server: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run a server.
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended).
- 250 MB of available disk space.
- CD/DVD drive or Internet connection for downloaded installation.
- Printer: 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, if you will be printing invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports, or graphs.
- Checks: Intuit Checks can be used to print checks. Canadian Image Ready Checks are not supported.
- Product registration required.
Exporting report data: Minimum of v3.5 Apple Numbers, Microsoft Excel 2016 or later including Mac Office 365.
Emailing: You should be using Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365.
Payment: Intuit Merchant Service is required if you accept credit or debit cards. The Intuit Merchant Service doesn’t come with your QuickBooks subscription and you need to purchase it separately from QuickBooks. Debit card transactions are done as Signature Debit, and they don’t require any kind of PIN code.
Payroll: The services that will work with your QuickBooks for MAC are as follow:
- Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac
- Intuit Full-Service Payroll
- Top Pay from Aatrix
Note: You should have your Employee Information Number a strong internet connection for Payroll. To print checks and forms, you should have Adobe Reader installed. Additional charges may apply.
- Mac apps:You can sync Apple Calendar, Messages, and contacts with QuickBooks Desktop.
- File conversion:QuickBooks for Mac 2020 supports:
- One-way conversion to QuickBooks Online
- One-way conversion from QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2016 to 2019
- Two-way conversion from and to QuickBooks Desktop 2020.
- If in any case the hardware, software, firewall or antivirus is not yet tested with your OS for QuickBooks, Intuit doesn’t take any responsibility whether the software will work properly or not.
- If you are facing any issue other than the software, you will only be provided basic solutions from Intuit. If the basic issue doesn’t resolve the issue, you will have to contact your service provider for further issues.
- Intuit doesn’t support those products that are not supported by Microsoft.
Reach Out For QuickBooks Technical Support
This article should be helpful for you and by reading this article, you should have a clear idea about what are the system requirements for QuickBooks 2020 and Enterprise Solution 20.0. If you are fulfilling all these requirements, you should be able to use QuickBooks 2020 on your system without any hassle. QuickBooks Desktop 2020 is now compatible with almost every OS but in case if your Operating System is not completely compatible with QuickBooks, it means that the product is still not tested with that OS. If you are facing any errors or issue with QuickBooks in Windows or Mac OS, contact our technical support department by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 and get your issues resolved.