QuickBooks accounting software has a very special feature known as QuickBooks Payroll which is used to manage payroll related tasks, taxes and a lot of other important things. Entrepreneur and small business owners have benefited a lot with the help of QuickBooks Payroll. It efficiently manages payroll related task which saves a lot of time which can be used for business growth.
Sometimes you may encounter issues while running QuickBooks Payroll. Here in this article, we will discuss QuickBooks Payroll Backdating. We have explained the topic in detail so that you don’t have to face issues while running QuickBooks Payroll. Meanwhile, for more information, you can connect to QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559.
Effect Of Backdate Entries
Backdating payroll in QuickBooks makes a severe effect on your business. There are 3 major effects that your business can face:
- A backdate charge of $100 will be levied with additional fees.
- You can face penalties or tax amendments.
- There will be a delay in direct deposits.
How To Create Backdate Paychecks In Intuit QuickBooks Payroll?
Below there are two steps by which you can create backdate paycheck entries in QuickBooks Desktop. These are:
- By entering the individual paychecks method to view the actual paychecks in QuickBooks.
- By entering the YTD amounts (lump sum) inside or outside the Payroll Setup page.
Important Points To Remember While Creating Paycheck In Backdate
There are some important things that you should remember before creating a paycheck in backdate. These points are mentioned below:
- QuickBooks Payrolls needs to submit paycheck to Intuit before 5 PM, 2 banking day prior to check date. This way you ensure that your employees are paid on time and you also avoid any late fees or penalties.
- Your payroll status depends on whether you are using QB Assisted Payroll Service or either QB Enhanced Payroll Service.
- Being a QB Assisted Payroll Service user, you are required to send all paychecks including paper checks or direct deposit checks before 5:00 PM, 2 banking days prior to check date otherwise a Late Payroll Processing Fees will be levied.
- If you are a QB Enhanced Payroll Service then you are required to send only direct deposit paycheck to Intuit before 5:00 PM, 2 banking days prior to check date. If you have submitted direct deposit paycheck late then your employees will not get paid on time. But you will not be charged late processing fees.
Negative Effect Of Backdate Payroll Entries
Whenever you do a backdate payroll entries there is some negative effect. Some of these points are mentioned below:
- If you are late depositing paychecks, your employee will not be paid on time.
- If the filing submissions are wrong then you may be charged with possible tax amendments, penalties or interest. You may also have to pay service fees for filing amendments.
- A late fee will be charged for Assisted Payroll.
Help For QuickBooks Payroll Backdating
Hopefully, the above article would have helped you explaining QuickBooks Payroll Backdating. If you need any assistance, You can contact directly on QuickBooks Customer Support Number +1888-382-7559 for resolving any kind of issues related to QuickBooks Payroll. Our experienced advisors are available round the clock to resolve your issues quickly.