QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software that allows you to manage your business properly. However, it is also true that the software is prone to errors and you may face several errors and issues while working on QuickBooks. Also, there are various error categories and series that represents different kind of errors. Some of the major errors series or categories are: license errors, 6000 error series, unrecoverable errors, installation errors, update errors, etc. In this article, we are going to discussing about the QuickBooks License Error After Clone that occurs when you try to activate QuickBooks after installing it.
QuickBooks License Error After Clone
After installing QuickBooks Desktop on your system, it requires to get registered on that system and for that, you need to provide License Number and Product Number. You get these activation codes while purchasing the software. The file that stores these information is encrypted and you can face some issues in case if this encrypted file gets damaged or missing.
Best Way To Fix It…
Usually the error related to license issues is not that complex to resolve as it can easily be resolved by deleting the damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file. Removing this file will create a new file automatically and you will be able to resolve the issue. Also, this method can be used to resolve other QuickBooks errors such as:
- Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties
- No Company Open Window does not show any Edit list
- Sync Licensed Data Online is disabled
- Your QuickBooks is not registered, this makes you unable to use Online Banking
- Error ” You must subscribe to accountant’s copy file transfer service” occurs when you try to sync or subscribe
- QuickBooks Re-configuration errors
Note: Removing the entitlement file is just a basic solution but it is not confirmed that the issue will get resolved by this solution. In such situations, you need to perform the other solutions provided in this article.
Causes Of QuickBooks License Error After Clone
The main causes behind the QuickBooks License Error are as given below:
- Damaged or missing .DAT or MSXML
- Damaged Qbregistration.dat File: This is very important file that require to open QuickBooks Desktop. It verifies your QuickBooks license every time you run QuickBooks. If this file gets damaged or missing, your license won’t get verified and QuickBooks won’t open.
- Corrupted MSXML Component: Microsoft offers various components and MSXML is one them. You may face license related issues if this component gets damaged or missing.
- You using an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop such as QuickBooks 2016 and older.
- Misconfigured firewall settings are restricting license properties to get verified.
- You’ve tried to import the .QBO file without saving it first.
How To Fix The License Error
Steps to resolve this error license error are as given below:
- Close all the QuickBooks related processes by using the Task Manager:
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC to open the Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Processes tab and click on image option to sort all processes alphabetically.
- Locate and select exe process and click on End Process.
- Press Windows + E keys to open the File Explorer.
- Right-click on entitlement file and select Delete from the drop-down option.
- On the confirmation box, click on Yes.
- Now, install QuickBooks and try to register again to check if the error is resolved or not.
The above steps should be helpful for you in resolving the license error. However, if you still not able to resolve the error even after performing above-mentioned steps, you can perform some alternative steps as well that will be helpful for you in resolving the error. You can also perform these steps to resolve other issues as well.
- Install all the available Windows updates to make sure that QuickBooks is compatible with your OS.
- Click on the Start and type Updates in the search field and hit enter.
- From the Update window, download all the available Windows and driver updates.
- Restart your system and try to use QuickBooks.
- If you are still facing the same error, it means that the installation of your QuickBooks Desktop is damaged. In such cases, you need to use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool that allows you to resolve Installation errors. If the error still persists, reinstall QuickBooks using clean installation.
Reach Us For Technical Support
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the license error in QuickBooks after clone. However, if you still couldn’t resolve the error, you can connect with the technical support department of usatechsupportnumber.com by just dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 to get instant technical support for all your QuickBooks error and issues.