Are you facing issues while creating a backup of your QuickBooks Company File? Well, we are here to help you out in such situations. In this article, we will be helping you in resolving the QuickBooks is unable to backup the company file.
Creating a backup of your company file is highly recommended to create a backup of your company file on a regular basis. Doing this will allow you to recover your data if you face any kind of issues or errors with your company file. You can also face several errors and issues while creating or restoring a backup file. Most of the time, you get an error message from the 6000-error series that refers to the company file issues only. Following the steps provided in this article will surely be helpful for you in resolving the backup issue. You can also contact our support department at QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-382-7559 for instant support.
QuickBooks Is Unable To Backup The Company File
You may face backup issues in QuickBooks when you to create a backup of damaged QuickBooks company file. There are various error codes and messages you can get while creating a backup of your company file and some of them are as follow:
- Backup is failed
- QuickBooks Error H101/H202/H303/H505 or -6189, -82
- .nd file is damaged or corrupted
- Without moving the .nd file, .qbw file is moved during upgrade process.
Causes For Backup Failure
In order to resolve the error, you need to know the actual reason why the issue is occurring. We have listed some of most common factors that can lead to these issues and some of them are as follow:
- Your QuickBooks Company File contains more than 65 characters.
- You are trying to save backed-up file in an external drive.
- The file size of your company file is more than 3 GB.
- Another user is using or scanning the same company file that you are try to back up.
- The path of your company file contains more than 250 characters.
- Incorrect file extension is assigned for the company file.
Steps To Fix The Issue
If the backup failed, you need to resolve this error as soon as possible as it can be threat to your current data files. You can perform the following steps to resolve this backup issue:
Solution 1: Renaming The Company File
You need to create a backup of all your company file to create a new company file. Creating a backup of your company file will minimize the data risk. To resolve the issue, you need to recreate the whole “Loan Manage” by changing the name of your company files. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do so:
- Run QuickBooks and then open your company file.
- Open the Product Information window by pressing the F2
- Now, collect the file information by copying the location of your company file.
Note: Place your pointer on the filename to see the full name of your company file.
- Close all the Company Files properly.
- Now, open the File Explorer by pressing Windows + E
- Navigate to the folder where your company file is located.
- Locate and right-click on your company file and select Rename from the drop-down options.
- Enter the new company file name and hit enter. Make sure that there are no special characters in the company file name.
Solution 2: Create A New Company File
If renaming the company file didn’t work for you then you will have to set up QuickBooks Desktop again in order to use the renamed company file name. Follow the below steps to do so:
- Run QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to File > Open or restore company.
- Browse to the location where your company file is stored and then select your company file.
- Click on Open.
Solution 3: Backup On Flash Or External Drive
You need to create a backup of your QuickBooks company file on a Flash Drive or External Hard Disk. But for this, you need to make sure that the drive you use is an authorized one otherwise the backup won’t be saved.
- Run QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to File > Save Copy or Backup.
- Select Backup and then Next.
- Choose local backup and then Next.
- You will get a prompt stating “Where do you want to save your backup copy?” select “Save it now”.
- Now, click on Next
- Navigate to the folder where you want to save the copy of your company file and then select Save.
- Minimize QuickBooks and then run your backup file you just created.
- Select the file and press CTRL + C keys to copy it.
- Go to the external drive and press CTRL + V keys to paste the file.
Contact Us For QuickBooks Data File Services
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Unable To Backup of your company file. Now, you should be able to create a backup of your company file. However, if you find creating a manual backup hectic, you can various other tools as well such as the Intuit Data Protect Tool that creates automated backup of your company files on your scheduled time. In case, you couldn’t resolve the issue or you are not able to understand any of the step, connect with us through our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 to get instant QuickBooks support.