QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software available in the market. It helps in managing accounting and financial operations of the company like payroll management, sales & inventory management, sales and customer management, etc very efficiently. Like other software, you can face issues and errors while running this software on your computer. When you run the software on a large network or a large company when might face the slowness of your system or software. Here we are going to discuss the various reasons due to which the system run slow and methods to resolve it. For any kind of QuickBooks issues, you can connect to toll-free QuickBooks Support Number +1888-382-7559.
What Are The Symptoms Of Slow QuickBooks?
Below we have mentioned few symptoms where you can sense that your QuickBooks is running slow:
- QuickBooks client machine cannot find the data file on the server.
- Lose the connection to the data file.
- QuickBooks reinstallation fails.
- Updating the data files fails.
- Licensing information cannot be found.
- QuickBooks run slowly in multi-user mode.
- You lost the admin password.
- Rebuilding the Data File Fails.
- Cannot copy or move the QuickBooks data file.
- A new printer is unable to print.
- It is taking a long time to open the file or unable to open the file.
Why QuickBooks Runs Slow?
There are various reasons which can cause QuickBooks to run slow. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Improper Network Connectivity.
- A large number of users.
- Malware or Virus.
- Due to multi-user mode.
- The large size of the data file.
What Are The Benefits of Speeding Up QuickBooks Performance?
There are many benefits of fast performance of QuickBooks:
- You can perform your work very quickly.
- Managing and Saving time.
- Increases working capability.
How Can You Increase The QuickBooks Performance?
QuickBooks can run slow due to many reasons. We can increase the QuickBooks performance by the below methods:
Note: Before resolving the performance issue, make sure that your QuickBooks is up to date.
Solution 1: Proper Network Setup
- QuickBooks performance is dependent on the memory (RAM) capacity of server computer which is hosting the company file. Check it on a regular basis and keep upgrading it, if required.
- Ensure that you are using a Windows or Linux based server computer and not a Network Attached Storage Device(NAS Drive).
Solution 2: Create A Backup File To Reset The TLG File And Resort Lists
Creating a backup of the recent file may help to improve performance in QuickBooks because it resets them.TLG file. The steps are mentioned below:
- Open Windows Start button>All Program > File menu > Backup Company > Create Local Backup.
- Select Local Backup > click Options.
- Select Desktop as the location to backup your data.
- Ensure a Complete Verification is selected and click OK.
- Click to Save it Now and click Next.
- In the Save Backup Copy window, Select your Desktop > click Save.
Solution 3: Perform Disk Defragmentation
Disk defragmentation can increase your QuickBooks performance. If you using solid state drive, then there is no need of doing disk defragmentation.
- Click the Start button > Select All Programs > Select Accessories > Select System Tools >Select Disk Defragmentation.
- Now to defragment your hard drive, click on disk defragmentation and follow the instruction on the screen.
Solution 4: Dispute Caused Due To Third-Party Programs And Antivirus Software
- You can temporarily disable anti-virus on the server computer that host the company file to verify if the QuickBooks performance is increased.
- Some third-party applications can create performance issues with QuickBooks. You can use the selective startup to check if third-party applications are causing issues or not.
Solution 5: Check For Performance Issues Within Your Company File In QuickBooks
If you have applied all the above solutions and still there is an issue with QuickBooks performances then you need to check the company files. Check whether the issue is with only one user or multiple users. Also, check how frequent the issue is happening.
QuickBooks In Multi-User mode
QuickBooks has a multi-user mode feature where many users can access the same file at the same time on the same project without any issues. The best thing about this feature is that several users can open, edit and save the company file simultaneously. This increases accuracy and productivity and saves a lot of productive time that can be used for business growth.
QuickBooks runs slow in multi-user mode while opening a big company file or using QB Desktop on the web. The user may face problem like slow speed, late opening of the company file,
Why QuickBooks Run Slow In Multi-User Mode?
QuickBooks can be slow due to various reasons. Some of the reasons are mentioned below.
- Multi-users are accessing one module simultaneously.
- The large data file size of QuickBooks file cannot be handled by the system.
- The computer is slow where the data file is located.
- A large report like transaction report is running in data files.
- Using defective Network Interface Card (NIC) or the card might be slow.
How Can You Increase QuickBooks Performance In Multi-User Mode?
QuickBooks performance can be improved by various methods. Some of the important methods are mentioned below:
Solution 1: Upgrade QuickBooks To The Latest Version
Make sure that you Upgrade QuickBooks to its latest version to enjoy full features of QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Use Gigabit Network Components
Always use a gigabit network component for your network and computer. This improves QuickBooks performance and multi-user work efficiently on them.
Solution 3: Use A Fast Performing Computer
You need to use a PC which has a better configuration so that you get better performance while using QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Open The Database Using a URL
You receive faster results when you use QuickBooks URL instead of a shared drive because it runs faster when you use full pathname.
Solution 5: Perform Monthly Manual Backup
Monthly manual backup of QuickBooks will reduce the file corruption and if any corrupt files are found then it will repair it.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Slow Performance
Hopefully, with the help of above methods, you can remove the slowness of QuickBooks. In case, if you need any assistance while performing the above steps, then you can connect to QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-382-7559 anytime round the clock. Our executives will help you to resolve your issues in quick time.