QuickBooks is one of the basic tools which is very popular among small and medium size business organizations. Intuit has equipped QuickBooks with many advanced features like customer and inventory management, payroll management, etc.
One of the important features of QuickBooks is that the user can easily access their QuickBooks account from the company file from the host system or server system. But if the QuickBooks Hosting Mode is Off, then things will become very difficult for the user. If you find yourself in such a scenario then you can do the following things. Meanwhile, you can also connect to the QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1888-382-7559 for further guidance.
Do the following
- Map server or the host system as the network drive for each and every individual workstation.
- Set the system for multi-user mode
- QuickBooks Company file should be saved in shared folder.
How To Set QuickBooks Server For The Multiple User Modes?
You need to install the QuickBooks Data Server Utility Tool to configure the QuickBooks server for the multiple user modes. Low follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Log in to the system as the Administrator. Make sure you have the internet connection
- Download the QuickBooks Desktop application in your system and double click on the setup file to install the system.
- Now open your QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the main menu bar, open file menu.
- Click on the Switch to Multi-user mode.
- You will now receive a confirmation dialog box for hosting the Multi-user hosting setup. Press Yes.
- Now the multi-user setup window will pop up on your computer screen. Press
- Now, add all the users that will be working on the QuickBooks application. Follow the steps below:
- Click on Company and press the option Set up Users & Passwords.
- Select Set up Users
- Now click Add user
How To Turn The Network Discovery On?
If you see that you QuickBooks hosting mode is off then you need to take the following steps. When you are opening QuickBooks Desktop Company file through UNC path, it should be visible. It’s an optional thing but you can do it for a smoother experience.
At the same time, your Windows Operating system will ask you to turn ON your Password Protected Sharing option. Now you can easily log in using network password.
- Press the Windows key. Then open Control Panel
- Click on the network sharing center. Now go to Change Advance Sharing Settings.
- Expand your current Profile.
- Go to the Network discovery and click on Turn on Network Discovery.
- Browse for the Password protected sharing option and then press the option to Turn Off password protected sharing.
- Now press Save Changes
In order to fix QuickBooks hosting mode is off issue above follow steps to be done on all the systems.
Steps to Open Company file
- Open QuickBooks File
- Click on Open or Restore Company
- Browse for the location of the QuickBooks Company file.
- Now select the file that has the file extension as .qbw.
- Press Open.
- Now, you will receive a prompt to enter your log in credentials.
Reach Us for Help
With the above steps you can easily resolve the error i.e. QuickBooks Hosting Mode is Off. In any case, if you need any technical assistance then you can reach out to QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559. Here you will be assisted by QuickBooks professional advisors who are available round the clock, so you can connect to them anytime.
To get in touch with the QuickBooks Advisors you can call on toll-free QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559. This way you can easily connect to our highly experienced technical expert who is available at the moment.