QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software that comes with so many accounting features. However, there can be some situations when your QuickBooks software can fall into several errors and issues as well. QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 or H505 is one such error that generally occurs in the multi-user mode of QuickBooks. This error usually occurs when you try to open a QuickBooks company file which is saved on the server system.
QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 or H505 is a common multi-user company file error but it can definitely hinder your workflow. In this article, we will be providing you the solution steps to resolve QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 or H505. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1888-529-1015 if you want any kind of help from our technical support department.
Error Code H101, H202, H303 Or H505 In QuickBooks: Causes
You get the following error messages when you try to open a company file in multi-user mode:
QuickBooks Error Code H202
- The company file you are trying to access is saved on a different system which is not connected with your local system and QuickBooks could reach that system.
- If QuickBooks installed in your system couldn’t get connected to the server and you get this error.
QuickBooks Error Code H101, H303, H505
You are trying to access a QuickBooks company file which is located on a different system and you don’t have appropriate rights to access a file from that system. You can get any of the error code due to the following reason:
- QuickBooks is not properly set up in the multi-user mode.
- Incorrect hosting configuration settings.
- Firewall settings of your system are blocking the connection and communication can’t be established between QuickBooks and server.
- The .ND file configuration is corrupt.
- The IP address of the host computer couldn’t be identified by the Database Server Manager
- Incorrect DNS settings
- QuickBooks services such as QuickBooksDBXX/QBCF are not working properly.
Solution For QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 Or H505
Method 1: QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Open an internet browser and navigate to the official website of Intuit.
- From the download page, download the setup file of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Install the tool properly and then run the tool.
- The tool will automatically scan and detect the issues and then it will also troubleshoot all the identified issues.
- Now, restart your system to save changes.
If you are still get the same issue, go to the next method.
Method 2: Verify Hosting And Services
Note: You need to perform these solution steps on each workstation.
Verify the hosting
Open QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to File > Utilities.
If the Host Multi-User Access option in the list, this means that your system is not hosting the QuickBooks files. You need to need to check this on every connected workstation and you don’t have to make any changes right now.
If you see the Host Multi-User Access option, click on it and then click on Yes.
Verify the services
- Check if the services like QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor are running in the background. If not, run them manually.
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows + R
- Type MSC in the search box and hit enter
- Service Window: Locate the QuickBooksDBXX service. If the service can’t be located, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Check if the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is installed on the server. If not, install it and then run it.
- Before running the program on server, your need to run QuickBooks, choose and ensure that the hosting is enabled on this system.
- Double click on the QuickBooksDBXX service and make sure that the startup and service is not running.
- Click on Recovery.
- Now, restart your system. Doing this will restart the QuickBooksDBXX service again if it was not running earlier.
- Save the changes.
- Perform all the above steps in this method again to initiate the QBCFMonitor service.
- Run QuickBooks in multi-user on the server and single-user mode in other workstations.
Method 3: Open Network Ports QuickBooks To Communicate Configure The Firewall
- Go to the Windows Firewall Settings and then navigate to the Outbound Rules
- Click on New Rule.
- Choose Ports and click on Next to move further.
- Choose TCP in the particular local port boxes and then click on Next.
- Tap on Allow the Connection and then provide the name to the port.
- Click on Finish.
- Now, perform the same steps provided in this method for Inbound Rules as well.
- Open QuickBooks in multi-user mode to check if the error is resolved or not.
Method 4: Create A New Folder For Your Company File And Share It By Allowing Access To Share Company Files
- Create a new folder in the C drive of the hosting system.
- Now, share the folder and allow access to all the workstation to open this folder.
- Navigate to the folder where you QuickBooks company files are located.
- Now, create a copy of your QuickBooks company file and paste it in the new folder you created.
- Run the QuickBooks Company Files in multi-user mode.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Company File Issues
Following the provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 Or H505 and you should then be able to work on your QuickBooks company file while being in multi-user mode. It is a commonly faced error among the multi-user mode users because using this mode is a bit complex and even a minor issue can lead to some serious errors. Well, if you couldn’t resolve the error by following the steps mentioned in this article, you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-529-1015 and get your issues resolved.