QuickBooks is an accounting and financial management software for small and medium-sized business organizations. Users have benefitted a lot while using this software. It helps users in sales and customer management, payroll and tax management, inventory management, etc. But sometime you may come across some errors which can slow down your workflow. QuickBooks Error Code 6213 is one such error.
Here we will discuss QuickBooks Error Code 6213 methods to resolve it. Meanwhile, you can also dial toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 if you are facing any issue and want an immediate solution.
Cause Of QuickBooks Error Code 6213
The QuickBooks Error Code 6213,-0 is caused by various reasons. It occurs when:
- Updating company file to a new version of QuickBooks Desktop software
- Opening a company file which is located at a different place.
- Restore backup.
- Firewall permissions not configured properly
- A company file is broken
Methods To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6213
There are several ways to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6213,-0. Some of them are listed below:
Method 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
This solution is recommended when you are updating your company file to a new version of QuickBooks software.
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor from the official website of QuickBooks software.
- After downloading the file, double click on the file and install it.
- When the QuickBooks File Doctor is installed, it will open automatically.
- From the drop-down, select your company file. Select the following option “Both file damage and network connectivity.
- When required, enter Admin password and click Next.
- It will ask to choose between Host/Server or Workstation. Select the correct option.
- If asked to share your company file, select one of the following options.
- Yes: If you are running File Doctor on your server computer or host computer.
- No: If you are running File Doctor on your Workstation.
- Wait till the QuickBooks File Doctor finishes diagnosing. When it finishes, close it.
Open QuickBooks again to see if the issue is resolved.
Method 2: Reinstall Using a Clean Install
A clean install is preferred when the features of the program are damaged or there is an improper installation of the QuickBooks software. Keep your license number before you start the clean install.
- Press Windows Key > Control Panel
- Then open Uninstall A Program under program section.
- Locate QuickBooks software in it and Click on Uninstall.
- You will get two option: Repair and Remove. Select Remove.
- A message will appear asking “Do you want to completely remove QuickBooks for Windows?” Choose Yes.
- Click Finish when uninstallation Restart your computer system.
- Now rename the installation folder by adding .old to their name.
- Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop. Open the software to see if the issue is resolved. Connect to QuickBooks Tech Support to get instant solution.
Method 3: Fixing the Proper Settings Manually by Renaming the .ND and .TLG files
- Open the folder that contains your company file.
- Browse the files which have the same file name as your company files but with extensions.ND and .TLG. The name of the file should look as below:
- Rename each by right-clicking on them. Add the world OLD at the end of each file name.
- Open QuickBooks again to check if the error still prevails.
Method 4: Move the Company File to a New Location
- Open the folder that contains the company file.
- Locate the files that have the same file name as your company file but with an extension.QBW
- Right-click on the file and copy it.
- Go to your desktop, paste the file anywhere on the desktop.
- Press the CTRL key while opening QuickBooks so that you are automatically redirected to the No Company Open window.
- Choose the Open or restore an existing company option and locate the file you have copied to the Desktop in the previous steps.
- Select the file and verify if the same error still occurs with the company file.
- If the error disappears, then save files in a folder on your Desktop.
Reach Us For Support
Hopefully, the error must have resolved by the above methods. You can get in touch with the QuickBooks Customer Support Number +1888-382-7559 to fix your error. Our technical advisors are very reliable and quick in solving QuickBooks errors. They handle such issues on a daily basis. You can also connect to us on Live Intuit QuickBooks Chat Support. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24×7 to resolve your errors.