QuickBooks Desktop comes with various features and tools that allows you to manage your business properly. However, there can be some situations when you can face several errors and issues in your QuickBooks software. QuickBooks Error 6189 is one such error which is a part of 6000 error series and like any other error from this series, it is also related to your company file issues.
The error code 6189 occurs while trying to open QuickBooks Company File. There can be various factors due to which you can face this error. If you are also facing this error and you are not able to work on your company file, this article can be very helpful for you in resolving the error. You just need to perform the steps as provided in this article you will be good to go. In case you require any kind of assistance, you can connect with our support department at QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1888-529-1015 and get complete assistance.
Major Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 6189 Occurs
- Your QuickBooks company file is damaged.
- The company file you are trying to access is not physically available in folder where you are trying.
- Improper or damaged installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Firewall settings are not allowing QuickBooks to open the company file.
- Virus or malware attack has infected your company files.
- QuickBooks configuration files or other installation files are damaged.
QuickBooks Error 6189: Resolutions
As you have seen that there are multiple reasons due to which this error can occur to resolve the error, you must know the exact reason due to which the error is occurring. Before you move onto the solution steps, we recommend using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to resolve the basic data damage issues in QuickBooks. If you are still facing the same issue, you can move to the solution steps that are mentioned below:
Note: It is highly suggested to perform solution steps in the shown order to get the best results.
Method 1: Reboot Your Computer And Server
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC to open the Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Processes tab and close all running processes.
- Now, restart your system and your server too.
- Now, try to open your QuickBooks company file again to check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Install QuickBooks Database Manager On Your Server
- Now, download and install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server.
- Make sure that multi-user access is enabled on your server.
- You don’t require any kind of additional license to use the QB Database Server Manager.
- Once the installation finishes, restart your system.
- Run the database server manager and click on Add Files.
- Now, browse to the folder where your company file is located and click on Add Files.
Now, try to open your QuickBooks Company File to check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Check If Your Data File Is Stored On A Network Drive
You need to make sure that your QuickBooks company file is not located on an NAS device or any other portable device. All these devices or services are not support by QuickBooks Database Server Manager. To access your company file in network mode, the company file should be physically present in the server.
Solution 4: Using Data File Share Service
- It is highly recommended not to share your company file on any sharing service or online sync services such as Dropbox, SugarSync etc. Rather than this, you can create a portable company file (.QBM) to share your file.
- If you have shared your company file on such platforms, you may face the error code 6189. You can move your company file to your server. Make sure to save the company file into the C:\ drive of your server system.
Get Connected With Us For Support
Hopefully, you find this article helpful and you should now be able to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6189. Your QuickBooks Company File is the most important part of your business because it stores all your financial details including your transactions, bank accounts, reports, inventory, etc. However, if you are still facing the same error even after performing the steps providing in this article, you can still resolve the issue by connecting with a certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor. You can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-529-1015 and you will be provided instant support for your issues.