QuickBooks is a robust accounting solution that provides you hundreds of benefits and allows you to manage your business efficiently. However, there can be some situations when you can face several errors and issues as well that can put your work on halt. QuickBooks Error 6177, 0 is one such error that fall under the QuickBooks company file category and it is a part of 6000 error series. This error is a bit similar to QuickBooks Error 6190 and QuickBooks Error 6176 that also occurs while opening QuickBooks company file. You get the following error message when the error code 6177 occurs on your screen:
“QuickBooks Error -6177, 0: QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file.”
QuickBooks Error Code 6177 is faced while opening the company file on a system where the file is not physically located. Some of the main causes of QuickBooks Error 6177 are as follow:
- You are trying to move a company file to another system.
- Damaged QuickBooks company file.
- Damaged installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Virus or malware infection has damaged your system and QuickBooks files.
- Firewall setting are blocking the connection between QuickBooks and company file.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6177, 0?
Steps to resolve error code 6177 in QuickBooks are as given below:
Solution 1: QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Login to your system as an Administrator.
- Go to the folder where your company file is located.
- Right-click on the company file and from the drop-down options, select Properties.
- Navigate to the Security
- Choose the number of users you want to allow access for the file.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and choose Owners Tab.
- Make changes in the admin username if required.
- Select OK to close the properties window.
- Now, browse to intuit.com and download the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool.
- Run the QB Install Diagnostic Tool on your system.
- Click on Test Connectivity
- Once the process finishes, try to open QuickBooks company file to check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Move Your Company File To A Local Hard Drive
Important: For this process, you need be logged in to your system as an administrator.
- Open windows explorer by pressing the Windows + E
- Now, go to the C:\ drive, create and save a portable file there.
- Close the current company file.
- Now, move the portable file to your server.
- Access your QuickBooks company file from the server. If the file opens, it means the error is resolved and if doesn’t, the error is still around.
Get Instant Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 6177, 0. You should be able to open your company file and work on it. You need to resolve this error as soon as possible because the provided solutions can only work if you perform them during the initial periods of this error. If you ignore this error, it may become unrecoverable and you can even lose your entire QuickBooks data. If you couldn’t resolve the error manually, you can get in touch with our support department by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559.