QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software that helps you in managing your financial data and grow your business. But there can be situations when the QuickBooks software can fall into several errors and issues that can hamper your workflow easily. QuickBooks Desktop has various errors and issues that can occur while performing different processes. One such error is QuickBooks Error 6143 which is a company file error.
QuickBooks Error 6143 generally occurs when you try to open your QuickBooks Company File. It generally occurs when there are some issues with your QuickBooks Company File. You can also face the error code 6143 if the installation of your QuickBooks Desktop is damaged. If you are also facing this error while opening or working on your QuickBooks Company File and looking to resolve this error manually, this article is the best platform for you as we will be providing the solution steps for QuickBooks Error 6143.
When this error occurs, the current window crashes, and your system starts responding slowly to your commands. It is a common company file error but it is very important to resolve the error because ignoring this error can cause some serious damage to your database. You can also connect with our support department by dialing QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-382-7559 for any kind of support.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6143?
Steps to resolve the error code 6143 in QuickBooks are as given below:
Step 1: Open a Sample Company File Installed In Your Workstation
You have to ensure whether the error is occurring in your company file or in your QuickBooks Desktop. Opening a sample company will clear this doubt completely. If the sample company file is opening without any error, it means that the issue is with your QuickBooks Company file and if sample company file throws the same error, it means your QuickBooks software is damaged.
- Open QuickBooks and from the No Company Open window, select Company File.
- Choose a company file template.
- If the company file is opening without any issue, it means that your company file is damaged. You need to resolve data damage issues by using the File Doctor Tool or by using Verify & Rebuild Utility.
Step 2: Open QuickBooks Company File Locally
Try to open your QuickBooks Company File on a local system. If the company file opens without any issue, there is an issue with the location where your company file is located. You need to move your company file to a different location. You can also create a new a new folder in the C:\ drive.
- Open the File Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys and go to the folder where your company file is located.
- Find and right-click on the company file and select Copy from the drop-down options.
- Now, go to the desktop and press CTRL + V keys to paste the file.
- Run QuickBooks and from the File menu, select Open or restore a company.
- Go to the location of your company file, select it and click on Open.
The above solutions should allow you in resolving the error code 6143. However, this error can be a result of some internal system errors as well. Here, we have provided some quick fixes to resolve this error. These solutions are general troubleshooting solutions that can be performed to resolve other QuickBooks issues as well.
- Use verify and rebuild utility to resolve data damages.
- Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to resolve data damages.
- Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to resolve installation issues.
- Open your company file in single-user mode.
- Disable your firewall and security software and then try to open your company file.
Reach Us For Support
Following the steps provided in this article will surely be helpful for you in resolving the error code 6143 and you should now be able open and work on your QuickBooks Company File. However, there can be situations when you couldn’t resolve the issue by following the provided solutions. In such situations, you can connect with our technical support department by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 and get your issues resolved.