QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software which is considered as one of the best accounting software. However, along with so many positive points, there are some negative aspects as well. One of the biggest disadvantages of the software is that it is prone to errors. QuickBooks Error 6098, -5 is one such error that occurs when you try to open or close your QuickBooks company file.
Are you also facing QuickBooks Error Code 6098, -5 while working on your QuickBooks company file? Well, this article can help you in resolving this error and you will be able to get back to your company file. However, you can also get in touch with our technical support department by dialing QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-382-7559 toll-free.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 6098, – 5
You can face this error when you use your QuickBooks Desktop in multi-user mode. It can be a bit difficult to identify the actual cause of this error because there are so many causes that can lead to this error. To resolve this issue, we recommend you first using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool as it can help you in resolving the issue automatically. The tool will automatically scan and troubleshoot the identified issues.
Resolution: The basic thing to do is garner administrator rights of the user account for the following Windows OS:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
Follow the below mentioned steps in order to resolve the error code 6098, -5:
- From the Start menu, open the Control Panel.
- Navigate to the User Accounts
- According to the software you are using, choose an option as per the relevancies:
- QuickBooks 2014 and Enterprise Solutions 14.0: QBDataServiceUser24
- QuickBooks 2015 and Enterprise Solutions 15.0: QBDataServiceUser25
- QuickBooks 2016 and Enterprise Solutions 16.0: QBDataServiceUser26
- QuickBooks 2017 and Enterprise Solutions 17.0: QBDataServiceUser27
- Open the Properties
- Navigate to the Group Membership tab
- Select Other and then Administrators from the drop-down options.
- Select Apply to make changes and then click on OK to close the Properties window.
- Select OK to close the User Accounts.
Support For QuickBooks Error 6098, -5
Following the provided steps will surely be helpful for you in resolving the error code 6098, 5 and you should now be able to work on your QuickBooks Company File easily. You can also perform these steps to resolve other errors from QuickBooks 6000 Error series because these errors have similar causes and solutions. In case the error couldn’t get resolved or you need any kind of help while resolving the error, dial QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 for instant QuickBooks Errors and Issues.