QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software that helps you in managing your financial data. It comes with hundreds of accounting feature that provides required boost to your business and help you grow. However, it is also true that the QuickBooks software is prone to errors and those errors can pop on your screen due to various reasons. QuickBooks Error 6006 is one such error that occurs while trying to sync your QuickBooks company file. This error is a part of QuickBooks 6000 error series that represents the company file issues in QuickBooks.
Are you also facing the error code 6006 while working on your QuickBooks company file? If yes, this article can be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 6006. You get the following error message when the error 6006 occurs:
“QuickBooks files are incompatible”
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6006
- You are required to restart your system after installing QuickBooks, but it wasn’t done.
- A setup program is running for another system.
- Damaged installation Disk.
- Issues with your CD or DVD drive.
- Your system hard drive doesn’t have enough space to run QuickBooks.
- Not enough space in RAM.
- Installation of QuickBooks was not properly done.
- Windows driver issues
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6006?
- Perform a system reboot and then log into your system as an administrator.
- Install QuickBooks desktop properly.
- If you still get the same error, check the GUARD1PLUS CD.
- Verify whether the CD or DVD drive is working properly.
- Use the Disk cleanup process to free up disk space. Create minimum of 1.5 GB space in your drive.
- Use Task Manager to close all the background processes.
- Close the System Tray to free you RAM and processor.
- Open the Windows Explorer and go to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield.
- Right click on the InstallShield file and select Rename
- Add the word OLD at the end of the file name. For example: InstallShieldOLD
- Remove system junk and temp files from your system.
- Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Look for the Windows and driver updates and install all the available ones.
Get Technical Support For Your QuickBooks Issues
As we have already mentioned that the error code 6006 is associated with your company file issues. It is very important to resolve this error as soon as possible because ignoring it may lead to several other critical issues as well. The provided steps in this article should be helpful for you in resolving the error and you should now be able to work seamlessly on your company file. However, if you couldn’t resolve the error manually, or there are some doubts in your mind regarding the solutions for this error, you can connect with our technical support department by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 and get your issues resolved straight away.