QuickBooks Error 6000 82 occurs when you open or attempt to open the QuickBooks company file. The following error message will display on screen: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again. Here we will discuss QuickBooks Error 6000 82 and methods to resolve it. You can get in touch with QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-529-1015.
What Are The Causes Of How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 82?
Some of the causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 82 are mentioned below:
- Issues with the name of the data source.
- Corrupt QuickBooks company files
- Improper installation of QuickBooks software.
- QuickBooks company file location cannot be found on another computer in the network.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 82?
Before proceeding the solution, Update QuickBooks to its latest version. You can perform the below methods to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 82 :
Solution 1: Remove Spaces After The Company Name And Before The Company File Extension
- Log out of QuickBooks from all the systems.
- Locate the folder of Company files
- Rename the folder by right-clicking on it.
- Right-click on the company file and choose to Rename
- Check and remove any spaces between the file extension and the name of the company in the company file.
- Open or create a company file.
- If the problem is not solved, move to the next step.
Solution 2: Turn Off Hosting With Each Computer Where QuickBooks Is Installed
For Single-User Access:
- Open File menu and then select Utilities.
- Choose Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Select Yes if Stop hosting multi-user access message appears.
- select Yes when Company file must be closed message appears on the screen.
Remember: Turning off Hosting mode can disable multi-user access
For Multi-User Access:
Remember: Normally this kind of error states that one or multiple client computers are wrongly set up to host QuickBooks multiple user access.
- Perform the below action on each client computer displaying the error:
- Select File in the No Company Open window and then choose Utilities.
- Make sure that Host Multi-User Access is displayed in the menu.
- Choose the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option
- Now follow the prompts to turn off hosting.
Now try to open the file which has an issue. If the problem still persists, then move to the next solution.
Solution 3: For Multi-User Access, switch to Hosting Local and Remote Files Mode
- Open QuickBooks software on your system.
- Press F2 key on your keyboard to view the Product Information.
- Ensure that the hosting is applied to local files only in the Local Server Information at the bottom of the window.
- Choose the File menu and then choose Switch to Multi-user Mode.
- Open a company file on a network computer.
- Press the F2 key to open the Product Information window in the system.
- Verify that, Hosting is applied to local files only in the Local Server Information at the bottom of the window.
- If the issue persists, please move to the next solution.
Reminder: The computer that is hosting multi-user access must be left on so that the other user can access the company file. Also, the user who set up QuickBooks must remain logged in.
Solution 4: Restart The Client Computer
You can restart the client computer as restarting the computer will start the system from the beginning and removes the current status of software. If the issue still persists then move to the next solution.
Solution 5: Follow Standard Data Troubleshooting
If the above solution does not work then there is a possibility that your company file is damaged. You can perform basic troubleshooting ( Resolve data damage issues)
Technical Help For QuickBooks Error 6000 82
You can contact QuickBooks Error Support Number +1888-529-1015 for more assistance. We have a team of an experienced and skilled advisor who will resolve your issues in quick time.