QuickBooks a fine software which manages the accounting and financial tasks of small and large size business organizations. It does a lot of business tasks efficiently which save your lot of time which can be used for further growth of the business. It helps you in managing sales and income, tracking bills, giving you customized important reports and a lot of other important things.
Point of Sale is an important part of QuickBooks POS software. Sometimes you face error while using the software. QuickBooks Error 1706 is one of the errors that can trouble you. It needs to be resolved as early as possible. Here we will discuss the QuickBooks Error 1706 and methods to resolve it. You can also get in touch with QuickBooks POS Technical Support Phone Number +1888-529-1015 for more information.
What Are The Reasons That Lead To QuickBooks Error 1706?
QuickBooks Error 1706 can occur due to various reasons. Some of the major causes of QuickBooks Error 1706 are mentioned below:
- QuickBooks POS is installed from damaged source (InstallShield or CD) so the important POS components(.ini and .dll files) are missing.
- Unnecessary Windows startup applications are installed.
- QuickBooks POS system files are over fragmented.
- Either Windows files or components are damaged or missing
- Net framework is incompatible or installed improperly.
- Windows registry errors are connected to QuickBooks POS.
Methods To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1706?
Below are the methods used to resolve the QuickBooks Error 1706 Error:
Method 1: Repair Missing Files
- First of all, download QuickBooks POS from internet or unscratched CD.
- Login as Administrator and run System File Checker Tool (SFC) mode to repair missing or corrupted system files.
- Next, run Microsoft Fixit to resolve the problems to prevent the program’s issues.
- Clear Windows Temp and Prefetch Folders.
- Update the QuickBooks POS software.
- Restart QuickBooks POS computer.
Method 2: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Again
- Download QuickBooks Point of Sale otherwise ignore if you already have QuickBooks in your system.
- Locate the folder where POS executable file is kept and double click on it to install it.
- Overwrite the existing file, if prompted during installation.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and install it
- Enter your QuickBooks License Number and Product Number without Spaces and dashes as it not allowed.
- Select the user mode in which you will use QuickBooks Point of Sale:
- Select Single-User, if you want to use it on a single computer.
- Select Multi-user mode if you choose for two computers or more. Be careful while selecting the computer type Server or Workstation for POS installation.
- Next, restart the Computer after the POS installation and then open QuickBooks POS to activate it.
How To Activate QuickBooks POS?
QuickBooks activation is required every time you install QuickBooks POS or create company files. Whenever you open QuickBooks POS, an online registration form will appear. It will ask you last 4 digits of Business Phone number (the same number that you gave while purchasing QuickBooks POS) and Zip code of your business address & Click on Continue. If you find only validation code but the online registration form is missing, then check your internet connection.
Still Trouble In Registering QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS)?
If you need any assistance registering or activating Quick Point Of Sale software, then you can contact to QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-529-1015. Our technical advisors are working 24×7 to resolve your QuickBooks errors in quick time. You can also contact directly on 24×7 QuickBooks Chat Support.