QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software that provides hundreds of accounting features. However, it is also true that the software is prone to errors and any error can pop-up on your screen while installing. QuickBooks Error 1603 is one such error that occurs while installing or updating QuickBooks Desktop. It basically hinders the installation process and shows the error code on your screen.
In this article, we will be discussing about how you can resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 1603 with some easy solution guides. You can get the following error message while installing QuickBooks Desktop on your system:
- Error Status 1603: The update installer has encountered an internal error.
- Error Status 1603: Unable to apply the patch.
- MSI returned 1603: Fatal error during installation.
- Install Error 1603: There was a problem installing Microsoft .NET Framework [version] or
- Install Error 1642: Error installing Microsoft .NET Framework while installing QuickBooks
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 1603
- NET 1.1 is missing or damaged.
- QuickBooks is not updated to the latest release.
- You don’t have sufficient rights to install QuickBooks.
- A file is locked
- Temp folders don’t have enough space.
- Damaged installation of QuickBooks.
- Corrupted Microsoft Windows installer
- Virus or malware attack has infected your QuickBooks or system files.
- Due to some recent changes in QuickBooks Desktop, the Windows Registry gets corrupted.
- A third-party application has mistakenly removed some important QuickBooks files.
- Firewall settings are not allowing you to install QuickBooks.
- Random power or network failure.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 1603?
Basically, the error code 1603 can be resolved by two different methods. We have provided both the solutions and we recommend you performing the solutions in the shown sequence. Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 1603 are as given below:
Solution 1: Download the QBInstalltool.exe file and run it
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool is a tool provided by Intuit to resolve possible installation errors in QuickBooks Desktop. Navigate to the official website of Intuit and download the QBInstall.exe file. Run the tool and wait for the process to finish. The process may take around 20 minutes depending upon your system and internet speed.
Solution 2: Fix Or Repair MSXML 4.0
Choose the installation type between CD and downloaded setup file. If you choose CD, insert the installation disk in your disk writer and close the installation wizard. Now, follow the below-mentioned steps to run the MSXML Installation for your OS:
- Windows 7 or Vista:
- From the Start menu, type exe/fvaum “D:\QBOOKS\msxml.msi in the search field and hit Enter key. Here, D is referred to the CD drive of your computer but if your system refers to some other letter than D, replace the D
- Windows XP:
- Open the Run Command by pressing Windows + R
- Enter exe /fvaum “D:\QBOOKS\msxml.msi” in the search field hit enter.
Support For QB Installation Error 1603
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving QuickBooks Error 1603 and you should now be able to install or update QuickBooks Desktop. However, there can be some situations when the 10 couldn’t be resolved due to some internal system errors. If you are not able to resolve the error by following the provided solutions, you can dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 to get instant QuickBooks technical support.