QuickBooks is a very popular and fastest growing financial and accounting software in the World. It is widely used by small and midsize business companies. Due to extensive data processing, the software can display certain errors. One such error is QuickBooks Error Code 6190, 816. QuickBooks Error Code 6190, 816 is related errors in company files.
Due to this issue, there is an error message displayed on the screen as:
“QuickBooks was unable to open the company file on the hosted computer”.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6190, 816
This means that a company file is not accessible or is corrupted. This could happen due to various reasons:
- Location of a company file is in Read Only mode
- Transaction file is not matched with the company file.
- Another user is accessing the company’s file in single user mode.
- Data corruption in the QuickBooks data file.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6190, 816?
Before making any kind of changes, make sure that your QuickBooks Software is updated with the latest version. The QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 can be easily resolved with using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. Follow the below steps.
Download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and install it. Log in as Administrator to use the tool.
- It will show you two options –
- Both file damage and network connectivity
- Network connectivity only
- Select the first option to resolve the issue.
- Enter Admin & password, When asked by the system
- Now, QuickBooks will ask whether the company file is on the Workstation or Server.
- If you are using company file on workstation Press Yes, and if using from server press NO.
- Click OK to Proceed.
It will automatically detect and repair the corrupted company file. If the issue is not solved, continue to next solution-Fix the Mismatch. Make sure that you are using the same computer which has the company file. Follow the below steps.
- Open the company folder. Open Company files
- The transaction log file and company file will have the same name but different extensions.
- Company file will be named as (company file name).qwd.nd and the transaction log file will be named as (company file name).qwd.tlg
- Rename both. Either enter a new name or just add “.Old” at the end of the name. Don’t delete extension.
- Log out QuickBooks from all the server computers.
- Open the QuickBooks and login in the company file.
It is very important for any business to run QuickBooks run properly. If the above solution does not help then you can get in touch with the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1888-529-1015 for further assistance from the professionals. QuickBooks is known for its great after sales service that is very helpful for the customer in case of resolving any technical issues.