As a QuickBooks user, you should know “how to download bank statement in QuickBooks when you have set up the bank account in the QuickBooks Desktop. It is a very important and complex process at the same time. Below are some steps which will help you in an easy download of the statement in Your QuickBooks account. But before that, there are some important points which you should keep in mind.
- Before starting the banking transactions downloading process, take backup of all your QuickBooks data.
- For security reasons, QuickBooks does not allow you to download the same file more than once. You can contact your bank to provide you the same data, in case if you have reset the data.
- Presently, QuickBooks doesn’t allow importing QFX and QIF files.
Methods To Download Bank Transactions
Below are the steps to download bank statement into QuickBooks
Import Transactions from Banking Site
- Log in to your bank account
- Select the duration and type of account
- Choose the file type supported by QuickBooks. The file .csv is the most preferred file option.
- Click on the download option and the file will start to download on the Desktop.
Upload file in QuickBooks
- Login to your QuickBooks account.
- Click on the Banking tab from the left side of the dashboard.
- Click on Bank from the drop-down menu
- Click on the drop-down menu beside Update tab located the top of the screen.
- You will see a message stating that “No Bank is connected”. Scroll down and select the option “Upload entries manually”.
- Now browse the file from the desktop which you want to upload.
- Select the account where you want to upload the file. Choose If there is no account, choose “Add New Option”. Now you can create a new account.
- Choose the required columns and fields within QuickBooks
- Choose the Finish The file will now upload in QuickBooks.
Steps to connect Bank Account to QuickBooks Desktop
- Login to the QuickBooks account
- Click on connect to the account tab on the right side of the screen
- A new window will open where you can select your financial institution.
- Click on the bank tab which will take you to the bank’s website. Login to the bank account.
- Under QuickBooks accounts tab, choose the appropriate account within QuickBooks you want to connect your bank too
- Account type- It will be a bank
- Detail type from the option provided.
- When you have applied all the necessary filters, click on the Connect This will connect your bank account with the QuickBooks.
As mentioned before this is a complex process and requires some technical knowledge to complete the process. A single mistake can erase all your data. You can get in touch with QuickBooks Technical Support Number +1888-529-1015 where our highly experienced technical advisor will assist you in the best possible way to resolve your QuickBooks issues.