QuickBooks is a popular accounting and financial software used for managing accounts, customer and inventory management, payroll management, etc. As a QuickBooks user, sometimes when you open QuickBooks company file, you may come across QuickBooks error 6000 832 as a pop up on your screen. Such error generally happens when QuickBooks is unable to open the company file.
Cause Of QuickBooks Error 6000 832
QuickBooks error 6000 832 might be caused when the company file is damaged. It is the company files that store all the accounting data saved by the user. The company file can be damaged permanently but the data can be recovered in a separate file. Here we will discuss QuickBooks error 6000 832 in detail. For further assistance, you can also call QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1888-382-7559.
When Does QuickBooks Error 6000 832 Occur?
- When a company file is converted to its latest version over a network.
- Missing QuickBooks installation files.
- Insufficient permissions for a network server.
- QuickBooks files are blocked by a Firewall or antivirus software.
- When QuickBooks company file or shared folder is damaged.
- A company file is hosted by more than one workstation.
- Windows version being used is either non-U.S. or non-Canadian, or Windows’ regional language setting is set to other than the English language.
- File extension may be.qbm or .qbw.adr.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 832?
QuickBooks error 6000 832 occur when the QB user is unable to open a company file in QuickBooks. Before trying any solution mentioned below, make sure that the QuickBooks Desktop has an updated version. For any kind of technical assistance, you can also dial QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559.
Solution 1: Check Whether All Workstations Have Their Hosting Mode Turned Off
QuickBooks advised you to use only one PC or Server to host QuickBooks company files. For other workstations, hosting should be off. Press F2 to open up a window which contains product information. Look for server information in it. Make sure that hosting mode is off for all workstations that are not hosting the companies files. After applying this solution, look again for QuickBooks Error 6000 832 in the system.
Solution 2: Rename Certain Files, Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager(QBDBSM) And Rescan
To access a company file, QuickBooks uses the .ND and .TLG configuration files in a network or multi-user environment. A damaged .ND and .TLG file can lead to QuickBooks Error 6000 832. To prevent loss of QuickBooks data, rename .ND and .TLG files. Now rescan using Database Server Manager(QBDBSM). When a user opens the QuickBooks company files, the .ND and .TLG configuration files are automatically recreated. Follow the below steps:
- Open the QuickBooks file folder.
- Now, look for the companies files that have the same file, but have .ND and .TLG as file extensions.
- Right-click on .ND file, select rename.
- Type the word OLD at the end the file name and press the enter button. So, your new file name would be company file.qbw.nd.OLD.
- Now, right-click.TLG file, select rename.
- Type the word OLD at the end the file name and press the enter button.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM) hosts the QB company files. Once you have finished renaming the .ND and .TLG files, restart the Database Server Manager, and then rescan the QuickBooks files as follows:
- Open Start > All Programs.
- Search for QuickBooks.
- Then open QBDBSM.
- Now, Select – Scan folders.
- Choose Add folder, If there are no folders.
- If folders are present, choose the folder with the files.
- Click on the Scan
- Verify that the QB company file appears in the bottom box. The heading of the box will state that the QB company files have been found.
- Now, again try to open the file.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Sign in to your company file.
Hopefully, your QB issues must be solved. If the QuickBooks error 6000 832 still occurs, move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Open A Sample Company File Stored On Your PC
Open a sample company files installed on your PC. If it does not open and an error appears on the screen, it means that the QuickBooks installation is damaged and requires repair. Follow these steps :
- Select the No Company Open
- Open a Sample File.
- A list of sample company files will appear. Choose a sample file.
If in case, the selected sample file gets opened, move to the next solution. If QuickBooks error 6000 and 832 code appears, repair your QB installation.
Solution 4: Open Your QB Company File Locally
By opening the file locally, you can check whether there is some type of issue with the company file’s location. If in case you are able to open the file when it is saved on the desktop, location of your QB company file may be damaged or it exceeded the limitation of file system path. If after changing the location of the file, you are still not able to open it, it implies that file may be damaged. Follow these steps –
- Open the folder that stores the company file.
- Search the file having .QBW as an extension.
- Now, right-click on the file. A list will appear, choose Copy.
- Paste it on the desktop.
- Open QuickBooks.
- No Company Open window will appear on the screen.
- Choose Open or restore an existing company.
- Browse to your PC’s desktop, look for the copied company file to open it.
If the QuickBooks Error 6000 832 is still not resolved, go for the next solution.
Solution 5: End All QB Processes
Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Log in into the server computer with Admin account.
- Press Ctrl key, Shift key and Esc key simultaneously. Task manager window will open.
- Select the Users
- All users’ processes will appear.
- Look for the following QuickBooks processes: EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe.
- Highlight the above processes.
- Select End Task.
- Now, open your QB company file in multi-user
If the QuickBooks Error 6000 832 still appear, then move to the next solution.
Solution 6: Manually Check The Folder Permissions
Make sure that you have all the required folder permission to share company files. If not, then you can give permissions manually. Once you have finished, open the file again. If the issue is unsolved, you can move to the next solution.
Solution 7: Configure Antivirus And Firewall
Sometimes the firewall and anti-virus may also block specific access to QuickBooks company files. In this scenario, you have to configure ports of the firewall to create an exception for the antivirus program. After making changes, again open QuickBooks to check if the issue still appears.
Reach Us for Support
The above-mentioned solutions will be able to resolve your QuickBooks error 6000 832. In case if you need any assistance call QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559. Our Support team is very helpful in solving the QuickBooks related issues. They are technically expert and very experienced to solve any issues related to QuickBooks. They work round the clock so you can call anytime as per your need.