QuickBooks comes with Bank Feeds functionality that allows you to manage your bank transactions directly from QuickBooks software. This functionality just requires your bank account to be added in QuickBooks and you will able to make transactions to your customers, vendors, and suppliers. You can also delete or deactivate bank feeds for an account whenever you want and add your other bank account easily.
If you want to deactivate bank feeds for an account but you don’t know how to do it, you can go through the steps provided in this article. This article will help you to deactivate bank feeds for a bank account.
This article is a part of article series that provides you all the essential information about Bank Feeds in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Get started with Bank Feeds
- Set up account for Bank Feeds
- Download Bank Feed transactions
- Add and match Bank Feed transactions
- Edit Bank Feed settings for bank or credit card accounts
- Deactivate Bank Feeds for an account
How To Deactivate Banks Feeds For An Account
QuickBooks For Windows
- From the main menu, go to List > Chart of Accounts.
- Locate the account that you want to deactivate and right-click on the same.
- Select Edit Account from the drop-down options.
- Navigate to the Bank Feed Settings tab and choose Deactivate all online services.
Note: The confirmation message will tell you that the online bank services for the account has been disconnected but there are not impact on any other bank account.
- Select OK.
- Click on Save & Close.
Make sure to remove all the pending or upcoming transactions available in your Bank Feeds Center in case you get the following error message:
“There are currently online transactions or messages to send for this account. You cannot change the online information for this account until you send or delete any pending messages or transactions associated with this account.”
QuickBooks For Mac
- Open QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to List > Chart of Accounts.
- Locate and choose the bank account that you wish to deactivate.
- Right-click on the account and select Online Settings.
- Choose Not enabled option and then select OK.
Cannot Turn Off Bank Feeds?
Above solutions should be helpful for you in deactivating bank feeds for a bank account. However, sometimes you can face several issues as well while deactivating bank feeds. Well, these are just common issues that can easily be resolved if you follow above steps properly. However, if you still face issue, you can go through our article: Can’t Deactivate Bank Feeds For An Account.
Reach Us For Instant QuickBooks Support
Deactivating bank feeds for an account is a no big deal and it is just a normal process that can easily be done by following the steps given in this article. However, sometimes you can even face several errors and issues as well such as the OL and OLSU errors in QuickBooks Desktop. In such situations, you can reach out to us for technical support by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 and get your issues resolved.