If you are a business owner then you must be aware about the importance of data and you definitely don’t want your data to get damaged by any chance. Data damage is the biggest threat for business and at the same time, it is one of most common issues in almost every software and QuickBooks is also in that list. You may face data damage issues due to various causes and even if you haven’t faced it yet, you should make sure that your data is healthy. This article will help you to learn how to resolve data damage on your QuickBooks company file.
The provided solutions are very basic and can easily be performed by anyone. However, if you still hesitate then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 to get technical support.
How To Resolve Data Damage On Your QuickBooks Company File?
If you’ve identified that your company file is having some sort of issue then following below-mentioned steps will allow you to get rid of them:
Step 1: Run the Rebuild Data utility
Firstly, you have to run the rebuild utility:
- From the main menu, go to File > Utilities > Rebuild Data.
- Open the QuickBooks Information window and click on OK to save a backup
Note: You may get QuickBooks is Not Responding message on your screen. You just have wait for the process to get finished.
- Click on OK once you process finishes successfully.
Step 2: Run the Verify Data utility
Follow the below-mentioned steps to run the verify data utility:
- From the main menu, go to File > Utilities > Verify Data.
- If you get message that says QuickBooks detected no problem with your data then you just have to click on OK and continue using your files.
- If it detects some issues with your data then you will have to click on Rebuild Now or View Errors.
- Click on Close and move further to next solutions
If there are some issues identified then you are supposed to follow below-mentioned steps:
Review Last Verify/Rebuild
- Press F2 key to open Product Information window while on the QB home screen.
- From the window, click on Review Last Verify/Rebuild.
- Locate the errors and issues in the results screen.
Are you able to review the QBWin.log or the QuickBooks.log file? If yes then follow the below-mentioned steps. If not then contact us at QuickBooks Support for additional help.
- Find QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log files.
- Check the log file.
- For Windows Users: Click on Begin Verify and then identify the file that you’ve used most recently (logs are sorted according to dates and the latest one is at bottom).
- For Mac Users: Go to bottom of the logs to get most recent Verify information
- Locate the line where QuickBooks LVL_Error is mentioned,
Additional Data Damage Troubleshooting For Mac
When you re-sort the list, it puts all your records back in earlier order. If you’ve made some manual changes to a list then it will undo all of them.
Identify Problem Transactions Using Reports
Run the Balance Sheet in Cash and Accrual Basis
- Navigate to the Reports menu and then choose Company & Financial > Balance Sheet Detail.
- Click on Options and for Report Basis, click on either Accrual or Cash. If there is any difference between the total assets and liability and equity in every report then it means that the transactions are having some issues. You need to take a back up your company file and then remove and re-enter the transaction.
Compare the Account report totals to balances on the Chart of Accounts
- Do a comparison of sum in the Open Invoices report (To go there, go to Reports > Customers & Receivables > Open Invoices) and Accounts Receivable balance on the Chart of Accounts.
- Also compare the sum in Unpaid Bills report with Accounts Payable balance on the Chart of Accounts. If they don’t match with each other then it refers that the transactions are having some issues. You need to create a backup of your data files and then remove and re-enter the transactions.
Check specific accounts
Rebuild generally put-out-of balance transactions under the current account in a form of “balance” the transaction. Mostly, you only see the voided checks in this account except the time when you use it.
Search for transactions excluding voided checks. Remove and re-enter those transactions. You should know which item or account should be on the transaction.
- Go to Activities and then click on Make Deposits.
- Click on All (do not record the deposit at this time).
The deposit total amount and Undeposited Funds on the Chart of Accounts should be equal. Additionally, any deposit should be there showing negative amount.
Merge Damaged Accounts, Items Or Names
Merge damaged accounts
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to List > Chart of Accounts.
- Press and hold the CTRL key and select the damaged account.
- Click on Edit Account.
- Add an asterisk (*) at the end of the account name and click on OK.
- Keep on holding the CTRL key and choose other accounts.
- Right-click on the Chart of Accounts and select New Account.
- Choose an account type and provide the same name to this account and click on OK.
- Press and hold the CTRL key and select the original account and click on Edit Account.
- Now, remove the asterisk (*) from the name.
- Click on OK.
- You will get a confirmation message, click on Yes to confirm.
Merge damaged items
- From the main menu, go to List > Items. (Note: Ensure that two items are not having same type.)
- Press and hold the CTRL key and select the damaged item.
- Click on Edit Item.
- Add an asterisk (*) at the end of the item name and click on OK.
- Keep on holding the CTRL key and choose other items.
- Right-click on the Items window and select New Item.
- Choose an item type and provide the same name to this item and click on OK.
- Press and hold the CTRL key and select the original item and click on Edit Item.
- Now, remove the asterisk (*) from the name.
- Click on OK.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Data Damage Issues
Hopefully, you find this article helpful for you and you are able to resolve the data damage issues in your QuickBooks. In case, you are still facing issues with your company file, you can use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to resolve such errors. However, if you are still not able to resolve the issue or you have some doubts, you can contact our technical support department by just dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 to get instant technical support for your issues related to your data.