QuickBooks is one of the most popular and accounting software developed by Intuit for small and medium-sized business organizations. Business owners can do a lot of complex business very easily and efficiently with the help of QuickBooks software. You may face some issues while running QuickBooks. QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 is one such issue. This error can occur in any version of QuickBooks like QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premium or QuickBooks Enterprise. To know more about QuickBooks versions you can contact to QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number +1888-529-1015. Here we are going to discuss the causes of QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 and methods to resolve it.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 In Call To NetShareGetInfo?
Below mentioned reasons are responsible for QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5:
- When QuickBooks data service user does not have any access to the file location.
- Deleting an important system file
- Infected operating system.
- Improper system shutdown.
- Due to incorrect system setting
- Incorrect entries in the Windows registry.
- Virus or Malware attack.
How To Fix QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 In Call To NetShareGetInfo?
There are many ways by which you can resolve the error. Some of them are listed below:
Method 1: Reimage Repair Tool
- Download the reimage repair tool in the system.
- Double Click on the icon to open it.
- Now, Client Account Control will start and will ask you to run the program. Click OK
- As the program starts, you will see a picture on the screen
- Leave the checkbox unticked to authorize the repaired tool to start the automatic scan.
- To start the installation, click on Install
- Reimage repair tool will download itself. Internet connection will be required so that the device can download the basic updates.
- Once the scan is over, Reimage will tell you about the damaged areas of Your PC. In the right corner, click on the Start Repair
- When the repair finishes, you need to restart the PC to complete the process.
Method 2: QuickBooks File Doctor
You can also resolve the QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 by using QuickBooks File Doctor. Follow the below steps in order to resolve the error:
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor from the Intuit website.
- When the downloading of the file is over, double click on the file and install it.
- When the QuickBooks File Doctor is installed, it will open automatically.
- From the drop-down, select your company file. Next Select the following option Both file damage and network connectivity.
- When asked, enter Admin password and click on Next
- It will ask to choose between Host/Server or Workstation. Select the correct option.
- Select one of the following options If asked to share your company file:
- Yes: If you are running File Doctor on your server computer or host computer.
- No: If you are running File Doctor on your Workstation.
- Wait till the QuickBooks File Doctor finishes scanning. When the scanning is over, close it.
QuickBooks Doctor File will repair the damaged part of QuickBooks and also give you the full access of location of the file.
Method 3: File Share Access
Follow the below procedure in order to give permission to share the file to fix the error. You can apply this process in Windows 10,8,7 and Vista.
- Right-click on the Folder that has the company file.
- Select the Properties tab and then choose the Sharing
- Select sharing variation (full or partial) as per your business need.
- Finally, Click on the Apply button and then click OK.
Where To Get Technical Support For QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 in Call to NetShareGetInfo?
Hopefully, with the help of the above methods, you can resolve QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5. If you need any technical support then you can contact QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1888-529-1015. Our highly experienced technical advisors will resolve your QuickBooks issues in quick time. We are available 24×7 round the clock to provide you technical assistance for any kind of QuickBooks error. You can also chat on QuickBooks Chat Support for any issues.