QuickBooks software shows many errors while running on Windows or Mac and QuickBooks Error 6000, 816 is one such error. The company file is an important component of QuickBooks software. When you are opening the Company file, there you may encounter with QuickBooks Error 6000 816. Here we are going to discuss the error in detail and methods to resolve it. You can contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-529-1015 for instant support.
QuickBooks shows the following error message :
Error message: QuickBooks is unable to open this company file.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6000 816?
The Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 816 are mentioned below:
- More than one user logged in to the company file in single user mode.
- A mismatch between the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw)
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 816?
There are various methods by which you can fix QuickBooks Error 6000 816. Some of the reasons are mentioned below:
Solution 1: Turn Off Hosting On All Workstation
It is advised to host the company file on one PC/Server.
- Press F2 in the keyboard to view the information about the product.
- Search Local Server Information.
- Now, turn off the hosting.
Solution 2: Rename.ND and.TLG files
- Open Windows Explorer by Pressing Windows Key+E.
- Now, open the folder that contains your company file.
- Find a similar file name as your company files but with extensions .ND and .TLG.
- Select the Rename option by pressing right-click on each file.
- Rename the files by adding the word OLD at the end of each file name.
- Open QuickBooks to open your company files and verify if the still persists. If the issue remains unsolved then move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Open A Sample Company File
- Open QuickBooks software and open No Company Open window.
- Now select Open a Sample File and Select a sample file.
- If the sample file shows error message then Repair Your QuickBooks Installation Files. If the files open, then move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Copy the QuickBooks file on the Desktop
- Open QuickBooks software on your desktop.
- Now open the folder which contains the company file.
- Find the file with the .QBW extension.
- Now copy the file and paste it on the desktop.
- Now keep pressing the Control button open QuickBooks.
- Open No Company Open window.
- Select open or restore an existing company.
- Open the company file that you copied on desktop and verify if the issue still persists.
Solution 5: Close all QuickBooks processes
- As an Administrator, Log in on the server computer.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open task manager.
- Click on Processes tab and end All QuickBooks tasks.
- Now open the Company file in multi-user mode in QuickBooks software.
How To Get Technical Support For QuickBooks Error 6000 816?
With the help of the above methods, you can easily resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 816. You can contact QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number +1888-529-1015 or Chat on QuickBooks Live Chat Support for any kind of assistance while performing the above steps. Our technical advisors will resolve any kind of QuickBooks issue in quick time.