QuickBooks is widely used accounting software which manages tasks like customer and sales management, payroll and taxes management, inventories management and a lot of other important tasks. Sometimes you may face issues while running QuickBooks on your system. Here we are going to discuss one of the QuickBooks Error Cannot Communicate With The Company File Due To Firewall in detail. You can contact QuickBooks Support Number +1888-382-7559 for more information about the issue.
What Are The Causes Of The Error: Cannot Communicate With The Company File Due To Firewall?
The Error: Cannot Communicate With The Company File Due To Firewall is caused due to the below reasons:
- A third party firewall installed on the network
- Improper Server setup or connection to the server is disconnected or lost.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not running on the server.
How To Fix Error: Cannot Communicate With The Company File Due To Firewall?
There are many ways to resolve Error: Cannot Communicate With The Company File Due To Firewall. Some of the reasons are mentioned below:
Method 1: Use the File Doctor
You can download QuickBooks File Doctor to fix the error
Method 2: Manual network troubleshooting
There are many ways to do manual network networking in order to fix Error: Cannot Communicate With The Company File Due To Firewall. Some of them are listed below:
Step 1: Update QuickBooks
- You can Update QuickBooks to the latest version. It can resolve the issue.
Step 2: Configure Windows and third-party firewall
- Go to the Windows firewall settings in your computer.
- Intuit does not provide the trouble settings related to the firewall as there are many security software available in market.
Step 3: Check folder permissions
- Go to Set folder permission to share company files to check that folder permissions are appropriate.
- Go to the Set up folder and Windows access permission to share company file to get detailed instructions to set permissions are appropriate.
Solution 4: Create the Network Data (ND) file
The Network Data (ND) files are the QuickBooks files that keep the information about the computer that hosts the QuickBooks company file. The .ND file is automatically created when you open QuickBooks. Follow the below steps to create a Network Data (ND) file:
- Press the Windows key once and type in QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your keyboard. Select the Database Server Manager.
Remember: If the QDSM does not appear in the program list then you might have to Un-Install and Re-install QuickBooks. When you do so, select the second option I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer, AND I’ll be storing our company file here so it can be shared over our network to install QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- In the QDSM window select the Add Folder option and browse to the location of the folder containing the company file(s).
- Select Scan when all folders are added.
- Once the scan is finished, you can view the company files under QuickBooks company files found section.
- Go to the location of the company fie to ensure that the .nd files are created for each data file.
Solution 5: Verify Hosting
In a multi-user environment, only one computer should host the company file.
Method 3: Turn off hosting in all Workstations
- Open QuickBooks File menu and then select Utilities and click Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
Quick tip: If the Host Multi-User Access appears on the screen instead of Stop Hosting Multi User Access, it means that hosting is currently turned off on that computer.
- Click Yes on the confirmation message.
Method 4:Make sure that Hosting on the server computer is turned on
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete on your keyboard to open the Task Manager.
- In the Image Name column, find exe (Tip:Click on the column heading to alphabetize the list).
- If exe does not appear in the search then ensure that QuickBooksXX service is running on your server.
Note: Log in as Administrator and perform the below steps:
- Press Windows+R to open the Run window.
- Type in msc and click OK.
- Find the corresponding QuickBooksDBXX of your QuickBooks.
Example: QuickBooks 2017: QuickBooksDB27, QuickBooks 2016: QuickBooksDB26
- Ensure that the startup type is Automatic and it is currently started.
- Verify that the entry in the User Name is correct in the QBDBMgrN.exe row. The user name depends on your QuickBooks version.
Example: QuickBooks Desktop 2017: QBDataServiceUser27, QuickBooks Desktop 2016: QBDataServiceUser26
Technical Support For QuickBooks Issue
With the help of the above steps you can easily resolve Error: Cannot Communicate With The Company File Due To Firewall. You can also connect to QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1888-382-7559 for any kind of assistance while performing the above steps. We have dedicated team of skilled experts who can resolve QuickBooks issues in quick time.