QuickBooks allows you to add Employee Identity Number (EIN) to an existing QuickBooks Payroll subscription. If you don’t how to do it, this article will provide you the complete steps to add EIN in each version of QuickBooks Payroll.
What Are The Limitations & Requirements To Add EIN?
There are few requirements and limitations to add EIN in QuickBooks 2017 and earlier versions:
- You need to provide the same registered copy of QuickBooks Desktop and in the same system to process payroll every company on the same payroll subscription.
- One EIN supports only one company data file in QuickBooks Payroll. Sometimes you can face several issues or errors if you try to use multiple company files in the same EIN and payroll subscription.
- Make sure that the contact information is same for each company file you added to a single subscription.
- If you pay your employees via Direct Deposit, you can add multiple company with DD on the same DIY Payroll Subscription.
- Each payroll service comes with some limitations on the number of companies that you are allowed to add in a single subscription. The limitations basically depend on the number of company files and not on the number employees.
- For Enhanced Payroll subscription for Accountant license, it is suggested to not to share your service keys to your clients or accountants.
|Service||Maximum Number of EINs|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic||3|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard||3|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced||3|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced for
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted||Each EIN is charged separately. Discounts apply for multiple companies|
QuickBooks Desktop 2017 And Earlier: Add EIN To Your Subscription
Add EIN to your subscription (QuickBooks 2017 and earlier):
- Run QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to Employees > Payroll.
- Choose Use My Existing Payroll Service.
- Open the Identify Subscription screen and click on Use Subscription Number XXXXXXX [Payroll Subscription Version].
Important: If the subscription is not in the list, you need to choose Other: I have an existing subscription and a Zip Code and then provide your details.
- Click on Next.
- Open the Add Company Information window and then select Next to add the company EIN.
- Select Print or Return to QuickBooks Desktop.
- Verify your payroll service key by following steps:
- From the main menu, go to Employees > My Payroll Service > Manage Service Keys.
- Select View to get the new service key with Active
Do You Want To Add a Company File?
If the payroll subscription was purchased directly from Intuit even before creating a QuickBooks company file then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Get the service key of the EIN you are adding:
- Open the Intuit’s Automated Service Key/Disk Delivery key tool.
- Enter your EIN and then you will be provided a unique service key.
- From the main menu, go to Employees > Payroll > Enter Payroll Service Keys.
- Select Add and provide the service key. Make sure you don’t enter any special characters.
- If you have already provided the service key in your company file, select Edit instead of Add and then enter the service key.
- Click on Next and then Finish.
- Now the Tax Table will be downloaded, and all the payroll functions will be activated for your QuickBooks company file.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
Hopefully, this article was helpful for you and you are now able to Add An EIN To Existing QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic, Standard or Enhanced Subscription easily. However, if you are facing any kind of issue during the process or you require assistance at any point of time, dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 and get instant solution for your issues.